Recent content by KM1972

  1. KM1972

    TKR Thumper's new knee 21 Mar 2018

    Good luck tomorrow! We’ll be thinking of you.
  2. KM1972

    Glue vs staples

    I had the same experience as @Jajakio—two c-sections with staples (no fun) and two TKRS with glue (which I loved so much I would marry it—it just flakes off over time). Glue is AWESOME.
  3. KM1972

    Do I really need it?

    Hey, @ErinC...I’m 45 and had a RTKR 11 months ago and a LTKR about two weeks ago. Only you can decide what level of pain is tolerable, but I’m thrilled to have both of mine done so I can move on with my life! My surgeon said my right knee was among the worst he’s ever seen, and that recovery was...
  4. KM1972

    TKR Helloooo from the other siiiide

    @sistersinhim, I did! My right TKR came after a dislocation, fracture, and some torn ligaments (along with the arthritis), and my surgeon said it was one of the worst knees he’s ever seen. I expected this one to go more smoothly because it was in a bit better shape beforehand, but this has...
  5. KM1972

    TKR Helloooo from the other siiiide

    Guys guys guys! Had my two-week post-op today and my bend was at 120; extension about 5. I hate to be all braggy and obnoxious but my other TKR didn’t clear 120 until about 10 months, so I’m super excited.
  6. KM1972

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    @AnnaF, I had a right TKR last March, and I heard all the same dire warnings that you did—from my PT, though, not my surgeon. My bend was only at 70 at 4 weeks, but my surgeon said my knee was one of the worst he’d worked on and that ROM would come—and now, at 11 months out, I’m at 125. Trust...
  7. KM1972

    TKR Eeek’s recovery thread.

    Hey, @Eeek, welcome back! Glad to hear you’re doing well so far.
  8. KM1972

    TKR on Tuesday

    @rjw120, good luck today! I’ve had both knees replaced with a spinal and far prefer it over general anesthesia. See you on the other side!
  9. KM1972

    TKR Helloooo from the other siiiide

    @Carpediem, thanks so much! I’m glad your experience has been better this time around...mine has too. Best of luck to you too!
  10. KM1972

    TKR Helloooo from the other siiiide

    LTKR is in the books! So happy to have this done. Let the healing commence!
  11. KM1972

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    @bottomshollow, quick question for you...do I piggyback on my post-op thread from my RKTR last year, or start a new one? TIA!
  12. KM1972

    Apprehensive

    @denn, I’m 45 and just a little on the chubby side (I’d call it baby weight, but my youngest is 14 so I probably can’t get away with that anymore) and got the same speech for my first TKR last year and my second (this coming Wednesday). We’re all anxious ahead of this surgery but you’ll be just...
  13. KM1972

    TKR TKR 2/6, 3 days out and already frustrated

    P.S. I don’t mean to sound too Pollyanna-ish...it’s SO hard at the beginning. My first post-op thread on this forum was all, “what fresh hell is this?” It’s been so worth it for me, though.
  14. KM1972

    TKR TKR 2/6, 3 days out and already frustrated

    @mcestang, I used a walker for several weeks and then a cane for several more (and for months whenever I was in public, just as a signal to people to give me space). I had some hip issues at first too—I wonder if it’s because they really torque your knee after they place the implant to make sure...
Back
Top Bottom