Recent content by Kliney13

  1. Kliney13

    TKR Hello everyone

    Welcome to the club my friend. Pain and a screwed up biological clock are part and parcel of the game. Use your meds to stay ahead of the pain( stool softeners and laxatives help a lot) as opposed to waiting till you need it. Remember ICE is your Friend too, lol. I know we do things differently...
  2. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    @Celle lesson learned. I must admit the pup has been a double edged sword the last few weeks. :dogwalk:She's a five month old black mouthed cur/hound mix. And I am fairly positive there is some fiest in her too. @Sisters in him, I do listen to everyone but I am a little on the stubourn side. I...
  3. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    @RadioGal, Yes there was definitely some apprehension going in the gates at the park on my part. Lesson learned lol. I am Sorry to hear you're not coming along well with your tkr. And I pray all works out for the best for you. I have a good group of therapists that allow me some flexibility...
  4. Kliney13

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    Keep that mind-set and you will do well. Heal Well!
  5. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    In week seven and had the right knee drained and cortisone shot finally. That was five days ago. Some relief yes but not as much as previous times. Spoke with the Doc about it today. He was not overly concerned and said the flare up is expected. Which I agree but it is still disconcerting...
  6. Kliney13

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    A Yanni CD always works for me. Usually out by the second track. If that doesn't work National Geografic Channel or the Science Channel will put me out too. Not loud just audible enough to have noise in the background.
  7. Kliney13

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Third day after Left TKR my good knee decided to **** out:censored:. Swelled up as large as the new one. I spent the next five days living on the recliner. Never thought I would be happy to be constipated. :snork: Ice and elevation along with the meds from surgery. They ran out Friday and was...
  8. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    Third day in a row without that deep ache from getting the new hardware:puppysmooze:
  9. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    1) Over all pain is 3.5 more or less. Mornings of course are the worst. I'd rate that a 5 till it loosens up. 2) Pain meds are 1-2 oxycodone 5mg. every 4-6 as needed. Currently taking two or three a day the past two or three weeks. The days I have PT I take one or two before hand. Usually one...
  10. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    Well mid way through week six. PT went well yesterday with very little aggravation to the joint. Best so far usually the knee is mad at me after therapy. Been cutting back on meds since week three. Today only took one so far. It helps for walking the dog and we walked a mile or so today. Best...
  11. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    Josephine, Please by all means ask me any questions you like. I enjoyed reading the play by play:) :-) (:I like your style. BTW, I too live in a semi detached which is what we call them as well. Out of our are they do call them a duplex. I always thought of that as a big city thing.
  12. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    I appreciate your input. Information is always a good thing. I find it amazing how differently things are done state side. While I trust my surgeon (went through school together and one of the go-to guys for knees) More importantly I trust my therapist. Over the years I have a had few and this...
  13. Kliney13

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2017 Recovery Club!

    Don't sweat it Woody. The first two weeks are rough, after that every day it gets better. Don't over do it when you get home and take it slow. I pushed to hard the first couple days and my good knee decided to **** out. That was an interesting four days I'll tell you. God Bless my wife and I...
  14. Kliney13

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2017 Recovery Club!

    Please ad me to the August List. I am glad to have found this forum as I have already gotten helpful information and a better understanding as to what to expect over the next few months from both articles and threads. The hardest part for me will be not pushing too fast too soon. We all have...
  15. Kliney13

    TKR TKR left knee<

    SusieShoes, Nothing planned just PT and walking. I tend to take it as it comes. Yes knowing we are not alone is a big help. Not wanting to use the forum as a place to vent but having the resource of the understanding of others in the same boat is very helpful and encouraging. It really has...
Back
Top Bottom