Recent content by kkolb327

  1. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Hey thank you for reaching out. Recovery is going ok, still in a decent amount of pain and hip feels very weak but it is what it is at this point
  2. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Hey everyone I had my 2 week appointment with my surgeon today. He said everything with my hip looks great from a surgical stand point. The reason I’m having so much pain is because of my prior two scopes and the amount of scar tissue and inflammation in my leg. He said it is completely normal...
  3. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    I have been icing a lot. My surgeon gave me pain medicine for a week and will not give any more. I am still in a ton of pain and Tylenol doesn’t touch it
  4. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    The surgeon said the surgery went extremely well. I had robotic anterior done. I am in an extreme amount of pain but getting through it. Once the surgical pain goes away I think it will be much easier.
  5. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Thank you everyone. I’m on my way to hospital now, very anxious but ready to be done with it. I will update when I can. Thank you again for the info and kind words.
  6. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    I saw the doctor today and he scheduled me for a hip replacement on September 2nd. I have a range of emotions but glad I am potentially looking at some relief even if it is 4 months away.
  7. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    @donvito2234 during my scope he said he found grade 2 damage. I’ve now had a repair and reconstruction and still have my pre op groin pain. I go see him on Monday but am fully expecting him to schedule me for a replacement. I cannot live like this anymore.
  8. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Hey guys thanks for the kind words. I met with my doctor who doesn’t believe there is another tear but he thinks the pain is coming from the cartilage damage. He gave me a cortisone injection hoping it settles it down, but if it does not he said the next step is a hip replacement.
  9. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Hello all, I received my MRI results today as follows. Both hip joint spaces are preserved. There is blunting within the right posterosuperior acetabular labrum and compatible with a tear. This is seen on images 28 through 31 of the coronal STIR series. Impression: Right posterosuperior...
  10. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    I’m trying not to, it’s just been extremely frustrating. I’m thankful I have a good doctor this time around. Hopefully the MRI shows something.
  11. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Hey sorry for the late reply, my doctor had to reschedule so I went to see him today instead. I am still having pain in my hip that feels like it did before surgery. He thinks it is possibly a sports hernia and is having me get a pelvic MRI to see. I’m tired of all of this and have just about...
  12. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    @eggy293 I’m sorry to hear that. I think it is just going to be a personal decision whether you’re in enough pain to potentially go through a third surgery. Since I last posted my hip joint has become extremely painful and I am worried something else is going on. I’m not sure if I would go...
  13. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Sorry to hear you are facing a third surgery. My recovery has been better than my last but still a struggle. I did not have my socket reconstructed so I cannot speak to that, but the reconstruction has been going ok. I still have moderate hip pain but nothing too horrible. My main issue right...
  14. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Thanks for the well wishes. I had my surgery done last night at around 645pm. Boy was that a fun day of no drinking or eating anything. Anyway, the surgery was done and he ended up having to do a larbral reconstruction due to the condition of my labrum. I am actually feeling so much better after...
  15. K

    Hip Arthroscopy 6 months post OP Labral repair

    Sorry I haven’t posted, life has been crazy. My surgery got moved back to December 17th because the original facility wasn’t covered by my insurance. I have been having an extremely tough time mentally and physically. Roughly a week ago my other hip started to hurt in the same way my “bad hip”...
Back
Top Bottom