Recent content by Kiwint

  1. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    Thanks for that, Yes, there is lots of walking and long lines at airports so I am trying to ice when I can and that does seem to have helped a lot. I try and sit wherever I can and I'm chewing through Panadol. I am 7 months post op and I honestly expected my new knee to be much better than this...
  2. Kiwint

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hey there, just wondering what your rom is now? Did your self MUA Help at all? I have been working hard on going up and down stairs as I'm traveling around South America ( think Machu Picchu etc) but my bend is still not great- 100o at best and my extension seems to be getting worse. I'm at a...
  3. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    Hi there, I guess I really need to change the name of my thread as I am not 8 weeks post op now! I'm closer to 7 months post op now. My ROM is still not great ( bends to 100o at best) and now I have a new problem where my extension which had always been ok ( 0-10o) seems to be getting worse. I...
  4. Kiwint

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hi Mary, I have been following you for a while now with much interest as I had my L TKR in February this year and I have have a very slow recovery. I had a MUA at 6 weeks because my knee was stuck at 45o. It wasn't as bad as I had been lead to believe and it certainly got me moving again. When...
  5. Kiwint

    TKR A little concerned...

    Hi there, I had my surgery the same day as you and must say I relate to a lot of what you are saying. I must admit to being a bit jealous of your ROM - mine continues to be a very slow process and still not quite at 90o Take it easy and cut yourself some slack! Hope your pain and swelling...
  6. Kiwint

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    Hi there, I'm also at the 3 month mark and have had slow progress with a poor ROM needing a MUA at 6 weeks but I must admit to feeling, not as of I've turned a corner yet, but definitely stronger in the last week or so and I had a small increase in my ROM today so I'm happier! I still use my...
  7. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    Hi there, thanks for the replies. I'm 12 weeks post op now and slowly starting to sleep better although I still do have to take painkillers every night. I'm only waking 2-3 times a night now, not hourly like I was for the first 10 weeks. I seem to have completely stalled in my progress with ROM...
  8. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    Well, good and bad news... Good news is my ROM is now 5- 75, had been stuck at 10-70 since MUA 3 weeks ago. I know it's not huge for 10 weeks post TKR but it's progress so I'm happy. Bad news is the OTC sleeping tablets didn't do much except make me sleepy the following day. I still tossed and...
  9. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    I'm not sure what Tylenol is and Benadryl is a cough medicine here in Australia. I have tried panadeine forte ( 60mg codeine) and Brufen ( anti inflammatory) but I think I may be just in a bad cycle now. I twitch and wriggle and reposition the pillows every hour. I just feel like if I could...
  10. Kiwint

    TKR 7 months post op

    Week 10 this week and still no noticable gains in ROM but not going backwards either and my friends reckon im walking better! Still not sleeping though and VERY sick of this problem. Do you think sleeping tablets would help???
  11. Kiwint

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    Hi there, I'm nine weeks post op now and I'm still battling the sleep / bed issue. I have managed to spend most of the night in bed now but still waking usually every hour and have battles with pillows. I have had no joy with elevation and find I get very achey and twitchy within half an hour. I...
  12. Kiwint

    Revision TKR Severe shin pain after revision

    Good morning Hoppy18, I had lost your thread ( and mine) but have been not sleeping, trawling through the site and searched you to see how you a going with that bend since your MUA. I hope the pain has settled down for you. I don't have anything new or exciting to share about my ROM but I do...
  13. Kiwint

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    It's 6 am on Easter Monday morning and I've been lying here in bed for the past hour reading through the recovery stories because I'm too damn sore to sleep and it's too early to take my pain meds. I'm 9 weeks post op now and pretty envious of those who have had quick recoveries. My ROM is...
  14. Kiwint

    TKR This Rocks!!! (So Far, LOL)

    Good luck and I hope it continues to go smoothly for you. It certainly sounds like you are doing well so far. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom