Recent content by kiwigirl

  1. kiwigirl

    THR Beckylou's hip hip hooray May 20th

    beckylou.....wow great to hear how well you are doing. I am off for my 12 week check tomorrow, a couple of days early but close enough lol. Over the last week I have turned another corner. The pain I had when I first started off walking is gone so now I just up from my seat and I am off...
  2. kiwigirl

    THR Beckylou's hip hip hooray May 20th

    Goodmorning @ beckylou. You are doing amazingly well...your post so reminded me of how much it just felt like ground hog day in those early weeks. Hang in there, it really does get better lol. I used some steri strips when I first took my tape off as I had a bit of gaping to, you can get them...
  3. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    beckylou....I asked my surgeon about antibiotics and he said, don't worry about it lol. I choose to be on the hip register and it sends alert through to dentist, drs etc etc ??
  4. kiwigirl

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Hey Limitless lemon, if my calculations are correct our are 4 weeks post op? If you are comfortable to go to one crutch there is absolutely no reason not to, unless your DR has said otherwise. It is so much easier having a free hand and you can control how much weight bearing you do so that...
  5. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Forgot.... I have big news!!! 8 weeks yesterday and I managed to cut my toenails.....whoop whoop!! :rotfl:
  6. kiwigirl

    THR Some days are diamonds, some days are stone

    How did you sleep last night? As another poster mentioned, and I had forgotten, I too slept with two pillows semi propped up. So two pillows under my head and one pillow under my knees....oh and some extra pillows sprinkled around the bed for when I needed to change positions ...
  7. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Wow sharonslp.....that's exactly what I was intrigued with. Boy oh boy such a different system than here in NZ. I wonder what happens to those that cannot afford insurance then? Here lots of people don't have insurance, not because of financial reasons but because we still have a very good...
  8. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Hmmm, just been reading through lots of posts and was thinking about all the differences there are between patients and also countries in respect to post op meds, physio etc which got me thinking......$$$$$ I have searched cost but that didnt satisfy me lol. I received my account, thankfully...
  9. kiwigirl

    THR Some days are diamonds, some days are stone

    bookworm_nz....welcome!! The pillow under the knees is great advice, I found that makes a huge difference. Sleeping is a huge issue early on and trust me it will pass. As for medication....you are up against it here my friend, I was only ever on panadol after 24hrs and it is just the way us...
  10. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Kay NY .... If I am right you are 3 weeks post op. I am a month ahead of you and no expert haha. I personally was still using a crutch until around 6 weeks when I dropped using them at home but still used one when out. I was back using one this weekend due yo pain but am now flying solo again...
  11. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    zauberflöte.....I wish they drove! A couple of years off that unfortunately, although then will come the worry so I better not wish it away! Yes, you are so right, and once again it is another thing I try and do too quickly. Slow down, slow down....needs to be my mantra! I have a swivel...
  12. kiwigirl

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Popping in to say hello! Hope that you are starting to get some beneficial sleep....it really sucks I know. I am now sleeping pretty well, 8 weeks today, wake several times during the night but nod back off haha. Unfortunately I wake at 5 am on the dot 7 days a week so am crossing my...
  13. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    beckylou sharonslp morningstar octopus zauberflöte Limitless lemon. Thanks so much for replying to my whingey whinge! I am feeling so much better today. Slowed down a wee bit and got some extra rest and feel miles better. Hubbie works overseas so have been solo since week 2 and have to remind...
  14. kiwigirl

    THR Newbie needing help!

    Oh my.....I am blushing now :blush: Just read through some other posts and realise I need to pull my head in! Gosh, it is such early days still and I guess a little like other members I have people commenting when they see me use my crutch like I should be running half marathons by now. I...
  15. kiwigirl

    THR On the other side and now in the right forum

    Aargh feel really silly now, just made a sad sack post on my own thread about feeling sore....at 7 weeks bahahaha, I am as bad as your friends at thinking I should be fully recovered! Geez it can be tough somedaysI need to be a little kinder to myself! Xx
Back
Top Bottom