Recent content by kfenn

  1. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    After a long weekend, I managed to demonstrate some restraint. We celebrated my 6 year old son's Bday with 15 1st graders at our house on Saturday. Ice continues to be an incredible anti-inflammatory, and pain reliever. I am continuing to take the blood thinner; prescribed for 2 more weeks...
  2. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    @SE Florida Father's Day was excellent, Thank you. We spent the day together; had a delicious dinner, then movie. I have really turned the corner in my rehabilitation. No more narcotics! Tylenol at night, and in the morning. Drove today, it went well. I also started walking short spans of...
  3. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    Gotcha! I will follow the pain med concepts detailed in your posts. The constipation has been a real issue. I am using stool softener and a laxative to minimal success. I will keep at it. As far as ice goes, I certainly notice how it feels after a good ice session. I fell asleep with two...
  4. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    @Layla What is typical for duration of taking pain meds? It has been 8 days. I feel like I am getting close with the Oxycodone, and moving to just Tylenol. I understand each one is different. I went 6 and 7 hours between meds last night. Each time pain/uncomfortable ness crept up a bit to 6-7...
  5. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    The point about a car accident makes plenty of sense to me; Im good with not doing exercises that are going to slow up the rehab. I have been way to active this morning. Went for a ride to get a donut, stood outside for 15 minutes, took a shower. I have been resting since 12:30. PT will be...
  6. kfenn

    THR One woman, two hips , one week

    @cornishgal It sounds like you are prepared for the next challenge. I wish you, your surgical team, and your support, the best. I look forward to hearing of your progression! I get strength and motivation from hearing of your efforts and successes! Like I would tell all my former teams...
  7. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    The exercise worksheet is from Dr Murphy. It calls for: foot flexion, quadriceps contraction, glute contraction, heel slides, laying leg adduction/abduction, bridges, seated leg extensions, All exercises 10 reps, 3 sets The exercise call for 3 times a day not 3 sets Day 5. Activity for...
  8. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    I keep forgetting to chart how much i get up. I will attempt to do that tomorrow. I should have started yesterday(day3)
  9. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    @Layla PT came today. She left a message with my wife; I didn't realize she was coming. I explained to her I was active going to the fridge and also down the hall today. I was still asked to do the exercises and reps written on the wksht. No adjustment? 10 reps is the magic number. :heehee:
  10. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    :chuckmarch::chuckmarch::froggies::froggies:
  11. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    @SE Florida The trampoline is a blast! Esp when we all get in there bouncing off each other, plus a bunch of oversized bouncy balls! Sounds like excellent PT in 7-8 weeks!!
  12. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    @SE Florida Wow, not exactly what I thought for activity after 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a quiet summer. June will be rest, We will see where July takes us. I have to study for the Real Estate exam, looks like this will be my opportunity. At some point I will have to mow my lawn. :snow plough:
  13. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    The pain meds are backing things up. Please send your strategies and tips to remain regular. I have been resting in bed otherwise. Can I rest too much?! Usually I stay busy, this has been a change. The boys: 4, 5, and 7 want to know when Daddy can go back in the trampoline! PT comes tomorrow. I...
  14. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    The weather here in southeastern CT is absolutely amazing today!! My issue today is dealing with constipation. I may have pulled an ab muscle. My kids are finding it amusing. Like everything else, we are managing as issues arise. I have been sticking to 5-6 min walks every 80-90 minutes or so...
  15. kfenn

    THR Right Hip Replacement in CT

    Yes!! Had a solid night of 6 hours! Only woke up for alarm with meds. Second day in a row, i woke up feeling improvement. Those walks to the bathroom and for ice wear you out!! Thanks for giving me a reason to post @SE Florida
Back
Top Bottom