Recent content by ken325i

  1. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    @Layla - Merry Christmas to you! and Happy New Year! @Softtail - it feels good to play golf without any pain!! But, I must confess -- it has not helped my score yet! I am just glad to be playing!! Happy holidays!!
  2. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Hi @ Layla! Yes! Played 36 holes Fri/Sat! I feel really good and can do most anything I want. That is not to say -- yes, there are some mild aches and pains, but with a little rest they go away. I am very pleased! I actually started playing golf at a little over 2 months (cautiously)...
  3. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    @Layla - I am doing great! Had my OS appt at week 8. He gave me an A+! No more PT and I can start hitting that little white ball! I have just occasional, minor aches, but they go away quickly. Strength is good -- climbing stairs with no pain, etc. 6 week appt with OS is scheduled. Full...
  4. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    About 3 years ago I also had dry needle acupuncture to treat sciatica. The PT needled my glute muscles and loosened them up. Have not had sciatica since......
  5. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Thought I would check in and give a 7 1/2 week update....... I am doing GREAT!!! - I have minor tightness and stiffness in my upper thigh - have been going to PT 3 x per week - returned to the gym last Sunday after 6 months out due to hip -- circuit weights, 15 min. elliptical, 15 min. treadmill...
  6. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Great news! Visited my OS and PA today to let them take a look at the small opening and drainage. Conclusion -- no infection and the drainage is the result of the last opening healing inside to out. They prescribed an antibiotic to assure infection does not develop to the opening. They also...
  7. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    @Layla Yes, I think you have a good idea! I could use a break from PT. Also, a couple of things I forgot to mention: 1. Walking - on PT days I walk once for 20 minutes; on non PT days, I walk twice, each for 20 minutes. 2. Possible Infection - I have a match head hole at the top of my...
  8. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Hi Layla! Recovery has been OK. I have no hip/incision pain. The only pain/issue I have is thigh muscle pain when I walk. In the house I walk without a cane, when out, I use a cane. I understand it takes time to recover, just wish I knew how much. Have been going to PT 3x per week. It...
  9. K

    THR Gimpy Gal post op!

    Hi! RE getting your leg in/out of bed I had the same issue for about the 1st week. Getting my wife to help still caused tremendous pain. One change I made in the process was to hook my good leg/ankle under my bad leg/ankle and let the god (strength) assist is raising and lowering the bad...
  10. K

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Good morning! I had my RTHR August 12. Since then, over the last 3 weeks, on 3 specific occurrences, I wake in the middle of the night very scared, in panic, feeling like I can't breathe. The more I am awake, the worse it gets. I get very scared, worried and don't know what to do. My only...
  11. K

    THR Lateral Quad Pain

    I had anterior LTHR on 8/12. Yes, my thigh feels like it was kicked by a mule 100 times. I had my 2 week f/up with my OS yesterday. He said this was common. It is caused by muscle trauma -- with anterior, pulling and separating the thigh muscles to get to the hip joint. Mine has started to...
  12. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Had my 2 week OS review today. All looking good and recovery going OK. Key points from OS: - Don't push it so hard; you will hurt; back off some and be more patient - No golf yet, other than putting - No swimming yet - Thigh pain is caused from muscle trauma; big, athletic guys have more...
  13. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    Yes, all of the above. I do a variety of exercises, guided by a PT person. This person has a knowledgable understanding of PT, having earned a doctorate. The thigh pain definitely came as a result of surgery, not PT. The PT person said if was due to muscle trauma from surgery, not...
  14. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    2 week post op today. I am feeling really good, sleeping good, and enjoying PT 3x per week. the only concern/issue I have is my upper thigh. It is extremely tender and sore to light massage. Also, when walking and placing downward pressure, my upper thigh really hurts. If it were not for...
  15. K

    THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

    i am trying to transition from a walker to a cane. It seems like I am having more frequent groin pain with each bad leg step and the downward pressure. Is this common? Should I back off? I have my 2 week OS review this Thursday and had hoped to be 100% cane. Thanks! Ken
Back
Top Bottom