Recent content by KElmore

  1. KElmore

    BTKR- fell and fractured now ?loosening

    Thank you Josephine, I see if I can post my xrays Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. KElmore

    BTKR- fell and fractured now ?loosening

    Yes I agree Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. KElmore

    Getting things ready for RTKR on June 1

    God Bless You I had two done at once, it's scary but once your on the other side you will be happy. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. KElmore

    BTKR- fell and fractured now ?loosening

    Thank you, yes I need to have x- Ray, and CT. I'm trying to get another appt. to see a surgeon with experience. But I agree, I wouldn't let that Amateur Doctor touch me. I'm calling this morning to see a ortho surgeon with experience. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. KElmore

    BTKR- fell and fractured now ?loosening

    Good Evening Everyone, :unsure::sigh: It's been awhile since I've been here on Bonesmart. I'll tell you before I had my bilateral TKR in August 2014, I was so scared. But reading the experience of others with the same surgery I was about to have really eased my heart and mind. I was brave from...
  6. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 1 year 2mos Post Op Experiencing pain

    Referee do you mean trained or strained? I have not trained and could it possibly be a strain? Anyhow I go to Ortho appt on Monday. I fear a revision. I don't ever want to have to do that. If I have to I will. Lately my huband's been dealing with fear of having an arthroscopy on his rotator...
  7. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 1 year 2mos Post Op Experiencing pain

    Was feeling great. Then started doing too much as my husband says. Started carrying my grand babies aged 2 & 4. Going up and down stairs, pushing the couches around in my living room and changing the 5 Gallon water jug on my cooler. Last week I've been experiencing thigh pain ... aching and...
  8. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    Hi Everyone, I've been back to work for two weeks now. My first night at the hospital for a 12 hour shift, I felt fine, except by 630am my knees, leg and ankles felt big. Checked in the break room, and I was swollen with pitting. One of my RN coworkers was like, "Kim! You need Ted Hose! So I...
  9. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    Really all, he keeps telling me the window of opportunity is limited and if I don't push it I may never be straight totally or have the ROM. I'm really goo g to tell him all this. He is going to feel stupid. He's made me cry and I still haven't gained ROM, but my right leg is straighter thAn it...
  10. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    Hi Everyone! I've been away from Bonesmart for a bit, but I've been recovering. Hope all my supportive friends that helped and encouraged me so much are doing fine, even great. I love to hear your all doing great. My new knees have been healing nicely, just trying to get accustomed to them. I...
  11. KElmore

    Facing bilateral TKR and I have specific concern about pain management

    Hi Lunula, I had BTKR on Aug 13th. Before surgery I worried so much about pain. Now 2 1/2 months post op the pain hasn't been so bad to manage for me. I'm doing P.T twice a week, and going to the gym twice a week riding the stationary exercise bike up to 5miles, each time. I still have bad days...
  12. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    Thanks Roy, I only have Kevin for 6 more visits, but he has been wonderful despite encouraging me to work hard. I understand what your saying, I will definitely take care of my new knees. Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
  13. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    Omg Madinana!! Poor Thing...Those stinker husbands, Really they have some nerve. So after the hubby acted like an butt last night. I ended up doing a lot without his help using my walker. He woke up this morning, trying to give me affection and calling me sexy. Okay what happen to yesterday. I...
  14. KElmore

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    So Im 10 days post-op. Things have gotten better.:egypdance: Yay, I have pain, but Im taking my pain meds every 4 hours. As Ive mentioned before, I have my alarm set on my iPhone, so Im not missing the pain meds at all. Dr downgraded me from Oxycodone to Hydrocodone....One is percocet and the...
Back
Top Bottom