Hi BeckyR !! Yes 6 months post opp and I'm good to go. Limp is good as gone. Only time it comes back is when I over do it. I pulled some muscles in my quad and messed up my IT band (think that's it) which was worse than the hip to begin with. so as I was told patience is key! Finally feel like...
Hi!! wow that's amazing. I have been thinking about you lately! I'm right behind you at the 6 month mark and just this week really felt like I turned a corner. I had a set back a few months ago and pulled some muscles really bad in my quad. That was almost worse than the hip! But I'm back on...
wow Annie's that's some upcoming trip !! went to yoga tonight and sweated my butt off, I can already feel the flexibility coming back even over the last month or so. everyday is better. BarbaraR yay, it's just so crazy that patience was truly the driving force in healing. who has time for...
Annie's BarbaraR hey ladies!! no idea where the time has gone and I don't seem to be getting notifications so I forgot to come back to check in !! Been thinking of everyone though. I can not believe I am going on the 3 month post opp mark. shoot I never thought I'd see this point. improving more...
hi ladies!! I went to a vinyasa class last night accidentally and I did great - I think the key is understanding our bodies and what we can not do. I am able to plank>up dog>down dog but def agree can not jump up to warrior from there - but I can get my butt up and get into the position. felt...
Elosarabrab - yep that's the stuff. your post made me laugh! it's magic if it can even fix squeaky beds!! Annie's let us know how class goes today! I went this morning again - feeling it but it's good. most importantly i'm stretching out that hip flexor. my mobility is def improving. Happy...
BTW what's anyone using on their incision - for scar tissue and scaring? I just got this .... it keeps the area soft all day ! My scar tissue is still really tight, so any advice otherwise?
Poppet that's what it's all about right now - my yoga teach said even if you come in here and sit most of the class just come join! it's nice to start feeling "normal" again ;) thank you!!
My Yoga Teacher always uses this mantra! I totally agree - both my doctor and PT said go, do what you can. don't don't do anything extreme (i.e. leg over head lol) listen to your body. I just started back this week at 8 weeks post THR. I go to a hot yoga style, she does 50 poses in 90 mins...
hi BarbaraR & Annie's - wow where has the time gone!! sorry I've been so out of the loop the last couple of weeks. 8 weeks + and feeling really good. Stiff but finally seem to be losing my LIMP, except when i wake up sore in other places (knee, inner thigh etc) wondering if my legs are...
Thank you BarbaraR if I can survive a skating party with a dozen 6&7 year olds I'm good!! I'm going to Aspen via Denver so my travel is split up but long. I'm also going for a conference /trade show deal and that's a lot of on my feet time. I'm packing ice bags, heating pad and new boots that...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.