Recent content by KcSweet1975

  1. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum I cannot believe you're going through this!! It's not enough we both had an infection and have to do this All Over Again! In so sorry! I know they prescribed no PT or OT they said its 50% weight bearing. I too am done with the PICC line and now on a round of 2 weeks of Doxicyclin to...
  2. KcSweet1975

    THR Bluebell53's Recovery

    @bluebell Welcome and good luck with the second go round:) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum I'm sorry your not feeling well! I totally know the feeling for sure. Some days are definitely harder than others but pay close attention to your body and rest when your tired and take it easy. Yesterday was a challenging day for myself because I overdid it the day before. I didn't...
  4. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @Cynthia777 Well hello lady:) I'm so glad to see your doing well and you had you surgery!!! I'm good and hanging in there. As you probably read what's going on in my world has been a journey to say the least but it's ok. I'm glad we figured out what was going on so we can move forward. I went...
  5. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum Hello!!:) I am doing good! I go today to get the allergy test done and go to the infectious disease doctor tomorrow. I am getting around really good! At times I do get sore especially a day after being on my feet more than I should so I pay attention to my body more and rest when...
  6. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum Hello:) Yes! it was so funny to see the look on the faces of the nursing staff!! It seems they don't often have cases like ours. I am doing no pt, I had 2 days of it in the hospital and that was it. I remember a lot from my first go around of the replacement and use it here at the...
  7. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum Hello!! I am doing really good!!! Everyday it's gets better and better:) In glad to see your doing well! I to needed the help and support from family to help out hubby and getting he kiddos ready and off to school. Mornings getting out of bed are the hardest but once in up and at it in...
  8. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @Cynthia777 Thank you :) I am 5 days post spacer surgery and it's getting better everyday. The recovery is the same but different because I have to be extra careful because the spacer is not as strong as the actual implant. I see you got your hip done and on to the other one here soon! Way to...
  9. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @dinsmaum Hello and good luck today with you surgery:) I just had my surgery last Wednesday. Like you I had nothing grown on the culture from the aspiration I did prior to surgery and when the infectious disease doctor tested the implants still no growth. He did say they will let it be for about...
  10. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @keepmovin@jaycey@josephine Thank you all for your well wishes:) I go in for surgery first thing in the morning and feeling quite calm since I know what to expect. I know this will be a long road but I look into the future and know in the end reading your story keep movin it will be a good...
  11. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @Krista Thank you so much:) I have to say I don't regret getting the surgery but I think if I had an MRI sooner this could of been prevented. All my ortho did was X-rays which don't pick up tissue,muscle nerves etc. My advice to anyone having ongoing pain is to get an MRI so they can pinpoint...
  12. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @hip hip hooray Thank you! I'm not sure what caused it and neither does the doctor. He said in surgery and after we are exposed to so many different bacteria's and some how I came across one. I know there will be an infectious doctor in the surgery room to test the bacteria to prescribe the...
  13. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    @YoungHippy Oh thank you!! I will for sure look it up:) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. KcSweet1975

    Hip Infection Ahh!! Infection 9 months after RTHR

    Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a while but wanted to share what has been going on and need some advice. I had my hip replaced July 2015, all went well but had continuous pain on and off from surgery. Did all my follow up appointments and X-rays showed all was good. Until month 4 when my...
  15. KcSweet1975

    THR Sciatic nerve pain

    @Josephine You are absolutely right! I read the article and it's exactly what I've been experiencing. I am done with therapy and going to take it nice and messy and let nature take its course here in out. My ortho said he loves therapists but they can also get a little aggressive if they see you...
Back
Top Bottom