Recent content by kbueno44

  1. kbueno44

    TKR Back with a question

    Two things helped my burning which occurred about two weeks after surgery which was Vasoline and coconut oil. Lasted a couple of weeks, but got better each day. Slather it on.
  2. kbueno44

    TKR Back with a question

    We are on the same track again, Jakeleg. My back is really really acting up. I asked my family doctor for a refferal to a spine specialist but I can't get in there until Jan. 3rd. I may have posted this somewhere else. I don't remember. Anyway, my chiropractor isn't really helping at all...
  3. kbueno44

    TKR Back with a question

    Physical therapy -- I tried it twice at 2 different places -- and I haven't been back to either one. I had to see my surgeon at 6 weeks for a patella issue and he said I am doing great and I don't need therapy. I can straighten my leg up to about 99%, whatever number that is. I can bend my...
  4. kbueno44

    TKR Back with a question

    I have enjoyed reading your posts, Jakeleg. I had my tkr Oct. 9th this year. I have been up and down and all over the map like you have. I will hit 8 weeks tomorrow and I had thought I would be completely recovered by now. My son was. Of course he is a male and 21 years younger than me, but...
  5. kbueno44

    MUA 5 week failure<

    My knee cap still looks pointed -- funny looking. I massage my knee quite often. I am 7 weeks post surgery. It is so much harder than we anticipated. But, this too will pass. I hope you can stop obsessing about the degree of the bend. How can your knee bend if it is swollen? It can't...
  6. kbueno44

    TKR Emotional rollercoaster

    So sorry to hear of your infection. Best wishes to you and a quick recovery.
  7. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    Sure. Misery loves company. Thanks.
  8. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    Maybe I can write about this without crying. I have been crying a lot since Tuesday. On Wednesday I saw my surgeon's assistant for x-rays and to see why my pain wasn't getting any better. It showed that I have a fracture of my patella. Only cure is rest and stability of the knee. I can't...
  9. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    I have tried PT after my TKR twice but both times it just made my back and hips hurt and keep hurting. I am going to see my family doctor today to see what we can do about this. I am not going to continue PT at this point. I have lumbar spondylosis and I am really hurting from this more than...
  10. kbueno44

    TKR Back to square one?<

    I think it is terrible that we hear so many conflicting plans of action from so many surgeons and their helpers! Obviously we are all different and they should start everyone out slowly and reassure us that we don't need pain to get better. We all need to listen to our bodies and not expect...
  11. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
  12. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    Thanks Jockette. Misery does love company. :loll:
  13. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    I am almost 4 weeks from my surgery. I can walk fine, great. But I have a groin muscle that hurts so bad. Why now? And what should I do to help it repair itself? Also, when is it okay to go back to my chiropractor? My back and shoulder need something. I'm trying real hard not to whine...
  14. kbueno44

    TKR My Knee & Me (A Love/Hate Affair for the Ages)

    Gosh! I hope everything is okay Josie. I'm sure we will all be praying for you tonight and anxiously waiting for your report tomorrow.
  15. kbueno44

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    The dry skin and painful feeling are getting better. It felt like a severe sun burn there for awhile. Very sensitive to any touch or pressure. Using lotion and coconut oil. Hope everyone on here has a great week and good recovery this week.
Back
Top Bottom