Recent content by kaydubs

  1. kaydubs

    How soon can I go back to work?

    Do you have the option to telework? With my first TKR, I only took one week off and teleworked part time. I'll tell you, my BRAIN was not functioning well enough to do that. I was exhausted, nauseas and sore. I am having my other knee replaced next month and unfortunately cannot take a long...
  2. kaydubs

    Knee Replacement in your 30's?

    How'd the appointment go? Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. kaydubs

    Cartilage replacement?

    No sorries necessary! I totally agree. My OS mentioned another procedure "carticel" where they take out some of my own cartilage and try to harvest it in a lab for a few months, then re-insert it. But he said he would only recommend that to a 20ish year old athlete. Sent from my iPad using...
  4. kaydubs

    Cartilage replacement?

    Thank you so much for asking 3 different docs! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. kaydubs

    Cartilage replacement?

    Thank you all! I'm so glad I asked. My OS said the area right behind my kneecap looks like a "pot hole" where the cartilage has degenerated and he was concerned bc the MRI I had two months ago stated severe loss of anticular cartilage at the patellar apex and medial facet, worse compared to...
  6. kaydubs

    Cartilage replacement?

    @Celle I agree! And have already had a LTKR, but my OS is suggesting holding off a bit on the second knee, if I can. I'm sure that if I don't feel that's best for me, he will do the RTKR. I just want to gather as much info as I can before deciding. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. kaydubs

    Cartilage replacement?

    Has anyone had a cartilage replacement, in order to push back a TKR? My surgeon would prefer for me to try this, rather than jump right into the TKR, because of my age (says 41 with double knee replacements might not be a great idea, long term). The procedure he suggests is "De Novo" Zimmer. I'm...
  8. kaydubs

    Upcoming Revision (October 2015)

    I'm curious...did you get the horizontal incision question cleared up?
  9. kaydubs

    Facing Knee Revision Surgery on August 3rd. 2015

    Hi Fireball! I also had a revision from a PKR to TKR. I know every experience is different...but for me, the recovery from the TKR was so much easier because the "parts" were in there correctly! In my case, my PKR was cemented in tilted. So the recovery, and trying to get my range of motion was...
  10. kaydubs

    Knee Replacement in your 30's?

    I definitely think you should discuss the TKR with your new OS. I had a partial in my 30's and revised it to a TKR at 40. BEST thing I ever did. Age really has nothing to do with it, and the right OS will agree wtih that. It's about your pain levels and quality of life. I was told by my OS...
  11. kaydubs

    TKR Day 4 of New Left Knee

    I agree! Most of your time should be spent with your leg elevated and icing! Please take it easy.
  12. kaydubs

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    Oh, I remember the dark times very well....but you'll get there! Feel free to read my thread (in my signature) to see the ups and downs I had. Heck, I still have them! But every day is STILL better than I was pre-surgery.
  13. kaydubs

    TKR more than I bargained for

    Can you go for a second opinion?
  14. kaydubs

    TKR My new knee

    I'm no medical professional, but I'd definitely say you need to spend way more time elevating, icing and resting. Hope you're feeling better soon :)
  15. kaydubs

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    Are you still taking pain meds? Sounds like you need them, as needed, when you over do it. I took mine, as needed, for about 3 months. I'm just about 11 months post-op and still have restless leg issues! I'm definitely going to try the soap trick (never heard of that!) and will speak to my OS...
Back
Top Bottom