Recent content by katiejarr

  1. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Good for you Barb!!!! But I caution you to take it easy ! I am at 11 months and I am finally feeling back to normal! This is definitely the most challenging surgery of my life and it takes time and patience to get yourself back to doing the activities you love...your knees will tell you when...
  2. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    Hi All Im checking in again and I didn't tear anything in my hip...in fact it is arthritis and eventually I will have to have BOTH hips replaced! NO!!!!!!! But Im not going there right now! Dr said maybe in 10 years! He said to start with injections, I remember those in my knees and they...
  3. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    Ha!!! Im reading my old posts and OH BOY was I wrong about my ROM!!!!!!! I was trying to measure it myself :rofsign:!!!! Now I know its 123!!!!! Im nowhere near 130!!!!!!!
  4. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Hi @tdh_1 And welcome to this wonderful site! I am 7 months post op and I also had bi lateral. The main things that I chanted after my surgery and reading posted here were: Medicate, Ice, Elevate!!!!! For the first few weeks I lived by that! Of course you will also do your PT but don't be...
  5. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    Well I went to the Dr today for my (almost) 7 month post op...I have not been on here for awhile...my hubby had back surgery AND food surgery so needless to say...Ive been busy!!! Dr measured my ROM and it was 123 on both knees and Im happy with that! I have been swimming, exercising in the...
  6. katiejarr

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    7 Months post op. I have discovered Bio Oil! Really worked well on my scars!
  7. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    @Muddlerminnow wow! @wberry Well its good to know I'm not alone! Thanks for all the responses!! Im feeling pretty good today...no bruises so far...just a red spot on my knee and my hip is a little sore. Thank God! It could have been a lot worse! :ice:
  8. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    @Pumpkln thank you. Yes definitely embarrassed!!!!
  9. katiejarr

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR 3 months Post Op

    :gaah:Well tonight we were going out to dinner and I am typically always looking down to see where i am stepping, because even after 19 weeks, I don't feel completely steady on my 2 new knees....but not tonight, and I stepped in a dirt planter area with my right foot, unsteady ground and DOWN I...
  10. katiejarr

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    @Ellejay yes I totally agree! I did my best to do as much yoga that I could handle pre surgery and I believe that it really helped.
  11. katiejarr

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    That is awesome!!!!! And those one legged poses are hard to do!!!!!!!!!! :dancy: Im feeling very encouraged! You are doing so well!!!!!!!! Yoga after any knee replacement is no easy feat!!!!! Keep up the great job!!!!!!!
  12. katiejarr

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    @TexasTee thanks for the words of encouragement! I will keep at it! I know what you mean about child's pose, I tried it and yes my bum was also up in the air :rofsign:, It was hysterical! I didn't feel comfortable doing it in class in front of everyone...maybe I just need to get over how I...
  13. katiejarr

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    @TexasTee Im reading all your posts about yoga and I'm so encouraged! Ive been practicing yoga (pre BTKR) for 4 years and I have been back to 2 classes post surgery, one was good, one very bad, lots of kneeling poses...so I have been quite discouraged! I am able to do the chair pose pretty...
  14. katiejarr

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    Hi @Reich4313, I've been reading your posts and I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this! I am at 16 weeks, with no injury, Bilateral TKR and I still have pain, stiffness and days where I feel like the pain will never go away...this is a process and from everyone I have talked to...
  15. katiejarr

    TKR 2 New Knees and a Little Tweak

    Hi gigi..regarding your bruise...last year I rammed my arm into a staircase thing while holding my grandniece and got the biggest bruise I had ever seen...it left the same thing...an iron deposit bruise that still has never totally faded...Dr said it will probably stay for life...my "tattoo" he...
Back
Top Bottom