Recent content by katgonmom

  1. katgonmom

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Glad your day was tolerable! Sounds like you're doing all the right things in light of the not-so-wonderful situation. Next week, I'll start back to school for inservice. I called my principal today and reminded him that next Friday will only be a month, and I will need to play things by ear...
  2. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @Josephine Sorry... One last question. On your Tramadol and Tylenol routine, is the Tylenol in mg? I've been told not to take more than 4000 mg of Tylenol per day. Katrina Two ACL surgeries on left knee (March 2001 & May 2006) RTKR ---15 December 2015 LTKR--- 12 July 2016
  3. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @Josephine I am also having issues with sciatica. I was prescribed Gabapentin 300 mg three x per day for that. I think it adds to the drowsiness, so my PA prescribed 100 mg capsules to be taken twice during the day with the 300 mg taken at night. The physical therapist is supposed to address...
  4. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @Josephine For now I plan on sticking to the Hydrocodone. After reading other Bonesmart replies and then yours, I realize that I am needing to be home icing, elevating, and napping. That's all I've done today with a bit of work from my recliner on school plans. My leg still hurts in that same...
  5. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @LoveGiants I only took one dose of the Tramadol yesterday, but it seemed to work alright. Since I'm home today, I may just stick to my Hydrocodone today. I do recall that, when I had my ACL years ago, I really liked the Tramadol. Hopefully, I feel the same about it this time around. I know...
  6. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @Celle I know you are right. I need to remember that my main job is to heal right now. The "at home" reference is to the several times I've have doc appts in the past couple of weeks. We have to travel to get there, so it throws off the day and doesn't leave room for staying home and healing...
  7. katgonmom

    Recovery time estimate for teachers

    @uva55 Just the change from being home to being at work will be tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm waiting to see how I'm doing until I get closer to the days of I service to make a decision. And August 10th is just around the corner! EEK, Katrina Two ACL surgeries on left knee (March...
  8. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    @LoveGiants We are TKR Twinkies! It sounds like you are progressing well. I remember reading a bit of your surgery story. You are quite young for this "fun". I thought I was young for it, but you've "beat" me. Haha! I am probably being too impatient...one of my wonderful virtues. I don't...
  9. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    Josephine, Thank you for getting my answers! I hope this helps you help me. My main pain is in E LF4. 1. I am seated now, so I would say my pain is 4. When I got up a few minutes ago and stood on my leg, it was an 8. 2. I have been taking Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 7.5-325 T. I have been...
  10. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    Thank you @Majella. I don't recall this particular pain with the first knee. I seemed to have had dull pains once I got to the second week and on for a bit. I guess what is really hard is that I had NO pain in this knee before surgery. My theory is that the two ACL surgeries had done a number...
  11. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    Thank you @newlybionic and @uva55 !!! Big concern! Please respond if you have some ideas: I am having terrible pain in the front of my leg directly below my incision. It is a bit to the left of the incision. During my first TKR, I used the ice machine constantly. This time around, the tubing...
  12. katgonmom

    TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

    @uva55 That poor man! That PT needs to be written up. Sounds like she was ticked that he had questioned her methods. He needs to find another one. The only time I ever witnessed something like that was when my regular PT was out and she had a sub. While I was doing my exercises, the sub was...
  13. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    I went to PT today, and he was alarmed. He suggested it's my gait that is so different from my previously "wrong" gait. He also wonders about surgery issues. Whatever it is, I am in terrible pain unless I'm sitting in my recliner. One good thing is that the sciatica is definitely waning. I...
  14. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    Thank you, Mamazipp. I appreciate knowing that you have been through a similar experience. It is odd to me that this pain has just recently manifested itself. After retreading my post, I am wondering if it is somehow related to PT. I thought I had the pain prior to PT, but that may not be...
  15. katgonmom

    TKR My recovery begins...again!<

    Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well on your TKR journey. I am almost at the three-week mark and can't remember this intense pain I'm having from my first TKR. The pain is horrible when I attempt to walk---both with the walker and without it. The pain is below my knee cap and on the...
Back
Top Bottom