Recent content by katchmo

  1. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Hi everyone, I had my eight week check up last week and it went well. Knowing from last time that he wasn't going to get worked up about things made it pretty relaxed. My right knee is doing great, still only bends about 90 but overall ROM is improving every day so I am not worried about it. We...
  2. katchmo

    Open sores?

    I injured my shin pretty badly, though it doesn't really show in the picture. I did it on a Sunday and my surgery was Monday. I called the nurse's station and they said to show the surgeon when I came in for surgery. It formed a big bruised goose egg on my shin (I also hit a bolt as I was...
  3. katchmo

    TKR My Journey

    Hi knee twin! Sorry to hear about losing your insurance. That will happen to us soon as my husband is retiring (he is 63 and I just turned 60.) So I was glad I could get both knees done first. I'm going to apply for disability and then hopefully early Medicare. Otherwise we will be looking at a...
  4. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Back to the recliner. :groan:As the day has gone on both of my knees have been hurting more and more to the point that tonight I am taking a pain pill, which I haven't done in quite awhile. I really took it easy today. The only thing I did differently is to sleep in my bed. I know when I sleep...
  5. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Hallelujah, I was finally able to have a comfortable night in bed! In fact I slept 10 hours! No more sleeping in the recliner for me.
  6. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Thanks for the kind words about my scar. Lest you get to jealous, rest assured that poor Leftie is the ugly sister, wide and puffy and purple! :snork: A couple of firsts this evening. I went out without my cane and did fine. I went to my daughter's volleyball game and I just sat in the...
  7. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I've been in a fibro flare the last few days since returning from my trip. I am convinced there is something in my house that triggers it, as I always feel better when I leave home. But anyway I haven't gone far from my recliner. Uploading a picture of my five weeks old surgical scar as I think...
  8. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Well, my trip has come to an end. My knee is quite irritated from two long days in the car but overall I am doing well. I am really looking forward to sleeping in my recliner tonight. I tried the bed last night and woke up with a very unhappy knee. I just had a wonderful time and am glad I took...
  9. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Woot woot!! I tried stairs with Righty a few weeks ago and I was able but it hurt so I backed off. Because Righty did the stairs exclusively for 15 months, she still automatically tries to go first and I have to stop her. Last night we stayed at a bed and breakfast that is up a full flight of...
  10. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I had a hard time getting settled down last night but today I seem to be fine. We are going whale watching today, so that will mostly be sitting. It's our last full day of vacation, then tomorrow we start the drive back.
  11. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Ok, I overdid it today! We visited the Butchart Gardens, 20 acres of gardens on Vancouver island near Victoria. I didn't want my daughter to have to push my 200 pound carcass uphill, so I walked uphill and she rolled me downhill. And there was some pretty good uphill spots. I'm a hurting unit...
  12. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    My knee is doing very well. I walked a lot in addition to the bridge and the knee is getting stronger every day. Today will be more driving and walking, taking the ferry to Victoria. Hoping the weather holds out, so far it has been perfect.
  13. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I tried to upload this pic but no matter how much I cropped it, it was still too big, so I will just share my Instagram post. The beautiful redhead is my middle daughter.
  14. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    Yes, it is a cigarette lighter adapter that I bought off eBay. I just searched my specific icer and car adapter.. I have a Suburban and my leg is not really elevated. It's not quite straight either. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate it right after surgery but at this point it's fine. I much...
  15. katchmo

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I bought a car adapter for my icer and it's working like a charm. My leg is stretched our more than it looks like in the photo. It's under the dash.
Back
Top Bottom