Recent content by KaseyDoodl

  1. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Roy, I would classify my recovery as pretty brutal. I suppose it is different for everyone. Of course, I don't know what it would have been like to have surgery on one knee at a time, so that recovery may have been brutal for me as well. Kay
  2. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Hello all! I am 4 months out and feeling wonderful. I took my first 1.5 mile walk at the beginning of the week and was held back only by my 58-year old, out-of-shape cardiovascular system, my knees were great! I still have some very minor discomfort at the outside of both knees when I get...
  3. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    You know, I hadn't thought about restless leg syndrome. It seems odd that it would start after having surgery, doesn't it? The cramping is only in the right knee and it is the muscles at the back of the knee. Perhaps I am not icing during the day like I should. I will have to do better next...
  4. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Almost 9 weeks out. Working 1/2 days; still taking Tramadol and icing regularly. My major problem is spasms. I cannot sleep at night for them. The OS has prescribed soma and still very little relief. Anyone have the same problem. I have tried heat, cold, rest, prescription and still no...
  5. KaseyDoodl

    TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

    We are coming up on the 2 month mark on Sunday. Can you believe it? Thank you for the tip about Chattanooga Colpacs. I bought 4 and have 2 more on the way to keep at work!! I wore orthotics for a decade and no longer need them. Fortunately, I saved all of the insoles for the shoes I have...
  6. KaseyDoodl

    TKR Knee +1

    Congratulations! I hope you have a speedy recovery! Best of luck in the coming days. Kay
  7. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Hello all. I am slightly panicked this evening. I will be 6 weeks on Tuesday and made my first trip to church today since surgery and thought I wouldn't make it through the service because I was so uncomfortable. I am not sure if it was the seat, the way I was sitting or just the normal...
  8. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    5 weeks today!! Was out and about today and enjoyed it immensely. I began icing at night and it works great!! Still have problems sleeping due to twitches in my legs. No relief from Flexiril, so hoping it goes away soon. There is light at the end of this tunnel!! Wishing all the best...
  9. KaseyDoodl

    TKR Adhesions and Pain 14 months After L TKR<

    inPain50, I also hope that you find something that works for you, as you have been through so much. I'm a long-term student too. I returned to college at 50 to finish my B.S. and after graduating in 2014, began working towards a PhD. That is one reason I chose to do both knees at once - no...
  10. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    One+ month and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am now able to walk around the house with no real problem, I just have to constantly remind myself to "bend, bend, bend" each time I step. I tend to walk with stiff legs without even realizing I am doing it. I have...
  11. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

    I had the same thought "What on earth was I thinking" the day before and for many days after my BTKR. As a matter of fact, in the days following my surgery, I asked my OS "Why on earth did you let me talk you into this??" He said "You say that now and you will say that in two weeks, but six...
  12. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Three weeks out today and feeling better. I moved from the walker to a cane last week and have been out-and-about a couple of times week as cabin fever was overtaking me. Went to Target and rode the motorized cart, made it for about 20 minutes (that is not nearly long enough in Target, if you...
  13. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    WOW!! Thanks to everyone! What a wonderful litany of support. After a couple of very difficult days, I woke up this morning and amazingly, the sun was shining on a better day. I am getting up from a sitting position much more easily. Additionally, I heeded your advice and have stayed on my...
  14. KaseyDoodl

    Bilateral TKR Surgery 06/21 - Road to Recovery

    Hello all! I haven't posted since surgery, so here is my update. Why, oh why did I want to do both knees at once??? Although the doctor and physical therapists have all assured me that I will be happy that I did it, I am still not able to move from sitting to standing on my own, which means...
  15. KaseyDoodl

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I am schedule for bilateral TKR June 21, if I don't back out. It has been schedule for over 8 weeks, so I have had a lot of time to think about it. I am very concerned about the length of the recovery period.
Back
Top Bottom