Recent content by Kanne

  1. K

    THR Burning pain above knee

    I had burning nerve pain in my thigh anytime i put weight on my hip for about a week when ever I was about 1 month out scared me but did resolve.
  2. K

    THR Brooksy’s Hip Recovery

    I was driving at 3 weeks but it is automatic so left leg doesn't need to do anything but get me in...
  3. K

    THR Brooksy’s Hip Recovery

    SOME pt knows that we don't want to disappoint our os so they use that as leverage. Does your pt work directly with your surgeon? When I saw my os's pa at 6 weeks she was impressed I was on my cane and glad i was smart enough to pick it back up if I was limping. If you question your os...
  4. K

    THR 23 days post op THR

    Also I am not doing pt. Just increasing normal activity as I can.
  5. K

    THR 23 days post op THR

    I saw the PA for my OS today for my 6 weeks. She said that the pain infront of thigh and groin were to be expected at this time. If low and manageable to continue walking and activity as I am and gradually increase. If alot of pain decrease activity for a few days until iget back to low and...
  6. K

    THR Brooksy’s Hip Recovery

    I did have a few days that were harder about that time. But only lasted a day or 2 I just took it really easy.. backto walkerand more pain meds for a cou0le of days...
  7. K

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    Thanks for stopping in @Layla, feeling better. Restless leg much better. Added iron per my pa at last visit. Don't know if that was the difference or just time for healing and magnesium to build up. I am 1/2 walker and cane. Walked over 25 steps no cane today. Not pretty.. so back to my cane...
  8. K

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    @HollyNY how is remote working? I also work from home 10 hour days on the phone constantly except for 3 10 min breaks and lunch break. Not scheduled to go back until dec 4th. Thinking about going back earlier to save fmla in case of further issues...
  9. K

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    Hi! @HollyNY I dont think TENS is advised for recovering cancer patients I wish I could give it a try for my back. I have a sleep number bed that I made firmer to help getting in and turning over. Tonight I will return it to normal see if that changes my back pain. Used to be this hip that...
  10. K

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    I sleep with a pillow under my knees when on my back k with an extra prop under shoulders to elevate a little. When I roll to side I put the leg pillow between knees ans ankle to prevent going past midline. My op knee feels good at first but wake up with it aching.
  11. K

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    Made it to 4 weeks. Lots of progress since last update. The good. I am driving again... watch out Omaha... i am trying to switch to the cane. I went to The game Shoppe and shopped for about 30 minutes and then walked the length of several stores with only cane. Walker is still smoother and...
  12. K

    THR Brooksy’s Hip Recovery

    Hi.. sounds like you are doing good... i wanted to let you know I did order a bed cane from Amazon. Slips under mattresses.. I am at 4 weeks and still really need it to help roll over to nononoperated side.
  13. K

    THR October 4 RTHR Recovery

    I was also warned the nerve block would end and be followed by big pain... didn't happen for me. Took pain med on schedule so that it didn't have a chance to get ahead and I never had that big spike. I know others do... but it isn't a given...
  14. K

    THR My recovery thread: day 4 nausea and dizziness

    Find a theatre with recliners.. sounds great after looking at these walls. Would have felt better if I had been Working outside of home...but since covid have been remote working in same old house!
  15. K

    THR Anyone out there a pigeon toed leg crosser who had the posterior approach?

    I had anterior but was still given the no crossing ankles or knees restriction. A few times I look down at my feet in the recliner and am shocked to find my feet crossed. Also sleep with pillow under knees when flat on my back or between knees when I roll over nononoperated side. Toes don't...
Back
Top Bottom