Recent content by justtznu

  1. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    Oh no...I couldn't do it if I had to stand on my feet all day. No way. I do work with and for wonderful people here in little old Montana and they have been so good and responsive to my needs during my build-up to surgery. They even installed a second handrail on the other side of the stairs...
  2. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    Thanks for that info Josephine. I sure am aware of the fact that sitting in a chair for long periods is not too comfortable. I've already discussed with my boss that I can't sit for long periods, so I'll be up and walking about in the office area frequently. The good part of that is that...
  3. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    I do have to return to work - after next week, I will have used up all my vacation and sick time and will receive no pay for my time off. Secondly, I work for a great company with totally wonderful people. My office is located a few feet from the restroom (which has a handicapped toilet) and...
  4. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    :happydance:Had my first post-surgical visit with my doctor today. She was very pleased with my progress! Gave me an A+ LOL I am starting outpatient physical therapy on Thursday and she has cleared me to return to work next week for 4 hours a day until I am up to working a whole day, which...
  5. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    :friends:Thanks so much for your suggestions and advice! I'm one of those impatient people who just want to 'get it done' as quickly as possible. While that is a good trait to have in some situations, you guys are right - I need to back off and let the natural healing process do its job...
  6. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    1. My pain levels swing from 8 when the pain meds are wearing off and I'm moving, to about a 2 when I'm properly medicated and walking. Each day seems very different - one day I'll be mostly a 2-3 and days like yesterday I was at an 8 for most of the day. 2. I have been prescribed...
  7. justtznu

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    One week post op - surgery on 3/28/16.
  8. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    True kneeper! Like newlybionic, I think I'm wearing a pattern in our carpet as well! LOL It just feels good to stand and stretch and the walking seems to settle the achiness down. I get my first visit from the Home Health person tomorrow. He called and said that he will be over for some...
  9. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    Actually had a good night after I finally got comfortable enough to sleep. Still cramping, but not as wicked as it had been and the second Hydrocodone finally settled in and I managed to sleep for about 6 hours! YAY! How are your nights going newlybionic? Cabin Fever - totally! We had some...
  10. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    Thanks! I talked with doc today and got a prescription for Flexeril which I'm hoping will work. Last night about 2:00 a.m. I was awakened by deep painful jolts in my knee - I actually screamed it hurt so bad. I'm taking 5 mg of Hydrocodone every 4 hours and 2 325 mg aspirin a day. Now I get...
  11. justtznu

    TKR The continuing story of Justznu's knee surgery.....<

    :elevate::sleeep::shrug:When last we left this damsel in distress, she was scheduled for a total knee replacement on Monday, March 28. Good news - made it through surgery, had a problem getting on tune with the pain meds - pretty much slept for the first 48 hours following surgery. Poor nurses...
  12. justtznu

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    :happydance::bored::chillpill:Yep, I had mine done on Monday. I tell you - those drugs are great! I asked for a large doggie bag, but...no. So stingy with them! lol Actually, I have a very definite reaction to the drugs called sleep. They could barely wake me up and when they did, I could...
  13. justtznu

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Wow! I thought you were the day after me! I worried that I might have missed my surgery! :heehee: You sound as if everything went well and you are handling it like a pro! Good for you! I appreciate your notes on the spinal too - so glad that went well. Take good care of yourself and keep...
  14. justtznu

    2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Thanks Glamg1979! And good luck to you as well! We'll have to exchange our surgery stories afterwards! Let's hope they are all good stories! "It is your attitude at the beginning of the task that will determine the outcome."
  15. justtznu

    2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    I'm having my TKR on Monday, March 28! I posted earlier and already have some wonderful answers and comments that have calmed me down! Thanks so much everyone! Wish me luck!
Back
Top Bottom