Recent content by Justine

  1. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Thank you for your support, ladies. It's greatly appreciated
  2. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Here's the update: I saw my surgeon this afternoon and after lots of questions, checking back my notes and my X-rays, he still does not know why this has happened. He's really concerned as he could see the pain I was in so he has had me measured for a brace which I've to get on Monday. I need...
  3. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Thank you Krista
  4. Justine

    THR I'm home

    No Kevin, I haven't mentioned this - it was posterior (my scar starts mid-buttock, horizontal to hip, then down like an L shape). I've since read that anterior are less likely to dislocate.
  5. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Hello again. I've an appointment to see my surgeon on Thursday. Advice is to be "extra careful" (yeah, useful thanks), don't bear weight on operated side, use crutches. Today the loose feeling is even worse so I'm sitting in my chair till I see him! I'll update when I've seen him.
  6. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Thanks for the info. I have looked up subluxation and it seems that this is what happened. I'm very worried as everything I read seems to point to error during surgery. My surgeon is very well respected; in fact, my previous orthopaedic surgeon (who is now retired) passed me onto this guy and...
  7. Justine

    THR I'm home

    I'm sorry for not giving full info in my last post. I don't want to 'drip feed'. My eldest daughter immediately called an ambulance, so I had medical attention pretty soon after I regained consciousness. I was taken to my local hospital (not where my surgery was performed) and they x-rayed me...
  8. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Hi all. I'm almost 4 weeks post op. My recovery, in comparison to my last THR, has been great, but yesterday, my worst nightmare happened - my hip dislocated. I was doing everything 'right'. I'm a rule follower, especially where my recovery is concerned. I was bending over to pick up something...
  9. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Thank you!
  10. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Thank you ladies. I'm aware that if this is my biggest problem, I'll be very happy! I'm elevating on and off, depending on my comfort. It's not helping yet but it's early days. Only day 5 for me.
  11. Justine

    THR I'm home

    Hello everyone I arrived home last night after a successful RTHR on Monday 20 June. I had a great night last night - slept from around 11 to 5 am than napped later. I feel great today, except for one little thing: my lower right leg (operated side) has become quite swollen. The skin is shiny...
  12. Justine

    Hello. I'm back again

    Thank you Josephine. They are now 3. I'm lucky that my other hip has lasted as long as it has, so it'll be easier for my husband to deal with them as toddlers than as babies. Good luck for next week Musings. We'll both be fine, I'm sure. (And I'm not so slim at the moment! Reduced mobility and...
  13. Justine

    Hello. I'm back again

    hi all. I just want to say hello. I was a regular here 5 years ago when I had my first THR(L). Life has been busy since then - we've added gorgeous twins to our family! And now, I'm going to have THR No 2 on 20 June, one week from today. I'm so scared. People keep saying, "you'll be fine...
  14. Justine

    THR Post-THR Twins Born!

    Thanks all for your good wishes. Yes, we are very lucky!! Our twins (like their 3 big sisters) are gorgeous. They are developing their own personalities already - Adam is very chilled out and calm, Heather is a bit more 'demanding' lol. Graham and I aren't getting much sleep but I'm sure...
  15. Justine

    THR Post-THR Twins Born!

    Hi all I'd like to announce the arrival of my twin babies, Adam (7lb2oz) and Heather (6lb8oz), born on 31st December 2012. We are absolutely thrilled! Towards the end of my pregnancy, my poor hips were suffering under the baby weight. I started to worry if they were ever going to recover...
Back
Top Bottom