Recent content by Just4mules

  1. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Doing well- only used crutches for 2 days. Incision pain only, off narcotics after 5 days. New issue of spreading rash from the PRINEO tape. The NP did not seem concerned about it Friday at post op, but it is worse and driving me crazy. I am putting Benadryl cream on it but it is persistent...
  2. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Home from psoas release surgery. Much easier than the hip replacement as I was full weight bearing immediately after surgery. OS said I had a lot of scar tissue which made it difficult to find the tendon, but he successfully released it. I am to take it easy for 10 days then go for a recheck...
  3. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hi Marvy, One thing my OS said is that he usually recommends waiting a year post op before any surgical intervention in these cases. He said since I am 2 years post op he said I have been more than patient. If he would have not moved forward with surgery, I would have gotten a second opinion...
  4. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    So I had a third injection, which had very little effect on the groin pain. I went back to the OS on Friday and am now scheduled for psoas lengthening on 11/30. It will be an open procedure, through the same incision as the THR. I was hoping for an arthroscopic procedure, but I trust my OS...
  5. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    So I had the second injection and had no relief. I swear it seems worse than before he injected it. He wanted me to call him in two weeks which will be Monday 8/14. I have no idea if he will recommend a 3rd injection or not. Frustrated! I cannot ride at all right now and summer is about...
  6. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hi Trillium, I went back to my OS and he sent me for an flouroscopy (sp?) guided injection. The injection is meant to be diagnostic as well as therapeutic. If the pain is eliminated with an injection directly to the tendon then it is diagnosed as Iliopsoas Tendinitis. They did also xray but...
  7. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hi gwenc, Yes I was riding pain free within 6 weeks of surgery. I have had no trouble until this January. The pain is when getting into car, getting into bed, going up stairs or raising leg while sitting or standing. I literally have to lift my leg in the car or in bed to prevent shooting...
  8. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hello All, It's been a while since I posted. I have developed iliopsoas tendonitis, started in January 2017. Diagnosed in late March. I had a injection to the tendon in April, which provided about 60 pain free days before it came back. I am getting another injection on Monday. All the...
  9. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    I will be doing 2 times a week for four weeks, then we will reevaluate. I am already working on some exercises she gave me during my initial evaluation. I have noticed that the only time I am limping a lot is after sitting for an extended period, like 30 minutes or more. The hip seems to...
  10. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Hello @Hipster Girl, I have mostly a desk job. I have to keep reminding myself to get up and walk frequently as the hip gets stiff when I sit too long. I am really happy with my recovery and realize it has been pretty amazing! @Cricket hip, I am really hopeful the physical therapy will be...
  11. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Checking in with an update. I was surprised that my last post was weeks ago... I was back to work full time starting November 9th. And traveled to a work conference in Florida on November 14th for 5 days. When I got back to the office last Thursday, I left the cane in my car and have been...
  12. Just4mules

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Love your thankful list! Just4mules (Julie) October 20, 2015 LTHR
  13. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Thanks @Poppet. I do have to pull back at times and say whoa- you know you did just recently have a pretty major procedure done- take it easy! Day 21: Three weeks! Time seems to have flown by. Yesterday I put in about a 7 hour day since I had to see my GP in the middle of the day. She...
  14. Just4mules

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Thanks @Jacey. I was at a loss as to how to proceed with this. The more I think about it, the more I am considering asking for a referral to PT in a few weeks. I am concerned about my range of motion and want to make sure I am doing the right exercises and stretches to get the maximum benefit...
  15. Just4mules

    THR Jump start on recovery thread.

    Wow Kristi! I am envious of your weight loss! I am remaining stable in that area, which with the reduced activity, I guess is better than the alternative! Just4mules (Julie) October 20, 2015 LTHR
Back
Top Bottom