Recent content by Julie_MN

  1. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Thanks Lore, food is ready and am set to be solo (if you don't count the 2 dogs and 3 cats) till Friday. I know I'll be just fine. Sorry the stairs were so painful, that stepping down is hard. Just remember soon this will all be over. Yay!!
  2. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Hi Jaycey, thanks for the wonderful information. I am not stopping my night time pain meds. I take a Hydroxyzine Pamoate 25mg and a Oxycodone 5mg along with 1 each Tylenol and Aspirin. I'm only tapering during the day as I feel comfortable doing it. My mobility has been great, no cane in a...
  3. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    4am wake up call from pain. Might have been the new exercises from PT, might have been I turned wrong in my sleep. Come on meds kick in. My partner travels for work leaving today and returning on Friday. I would never say it to her, but I'm a bit nervous going solo for the next few days.
  4. J

    THR Molly's recovery

    Welcome Molly to the other side. :)
  5. J

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Hi Dani, My name is Julie and I so wish we were meeting under other circumstances. I hope that someone with be able to assist you in getting your pain under control. Just wanted you to know that another "hippie" is thinking about you. ((hugs))
  6. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Hi Lore, That is great you are doing so well. I think the fatigue is pretty normal, I know I usually doze on the couch for about an hour in the late morning or early afternoon. Remember we are in a marathon, not a sprint. Slow and easy is the name of the game. :) My pain is certainly...
  7. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Thanks Cynthia for the suggestion, I'll certainly keep it in mind. :)
  8. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Hi Lore, I keep my trusty iPad on the bed, not sure how I would make it thru recovery without. When I wake during the night I try to fall back asleep but if I can't it's nice to have the distraction. Looks like you had your surgery 1 day after me. How are you doing?
  9. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Hi Kris, so glad your appointment went well. Must be a HUGE thrill to have the staples out and the bandage off. My mood is better today, I actually slept till 630 this morning, that is a first post op. Today I have PT at 4pm and am excited to get going. Hope you have a good day.
  10. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Not feeling so bionic this morning. Getting discouraged and wondering how long it will be till I feel normal again. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations for myself. I just imagined at almost 2 weeks pre op I would be further along than I am. Granted I'm feeling better than I did pre op, and...
  11. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Oh you poor thing! I'm so glad you are seeing the Dr. tomorrow. Please let me know what they say about the groin pain, as I've had that a few times. Doesn't last long and certainly is not preop pain, just enough to get my attention. Went out birding for a bit today. The fresh air was nice...
  12. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    GM Julie, I hope you survived the storms yesterday. We had a few heavy rains, but not the wind and hail they predicted. I think today is going to be a whopper of day as well. I had my surgery done at Woodbury hospital, loved the staff and care I received there. My surgeon is Dr Wickhum with...
  13. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Going to get some dinner. Hope you all are able to rest this evening. Will check in tomorrow.
  14. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Fearbox, I hope you enjoyed the nicer weather this today. I sat the the porch a couple of times just enjoying the sunshine. We live in Apple Valley, I don't think we are far from each other. I walked on the treadmill today, did 1/10th of a mile, and did it standing up straight. As I'm sure...
  15. J

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    Awww Fearbox, your 2nd surgery! You are a much braver person than I am. I haven't had pain on the outside part of my leg, but at times my knee will be sore. I think mine is from PT. Of course I have decided to blame everything on the evil PT. So you are a fellow MN? Yes the weather has...
Back
Top Bottom