Recent content by Julie-Ann

  1. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Hi @Majic how are you??? Sorry I have dropped off of here. I've been doing fine. Knee pain all gone and sorted - just that "not my legs" sensation, numbness and loss of strength tow work on. So how are you?
  2. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    @Jamie please could you rename this thread? I don't seem to be able to do it myself. I'd like it called something like Bilateral TKR July & September 2015
  3. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    @Josephine could you please advise? I'd be very grateful. The right knee, done 7 weeks after the left is much less painful and seems to be doing well. But when I sit and don't have it elevated, it feels swollen like someone has tried to blow up the knee like a tyre. I then have to elevate...
  4. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Hi @Majic and all I hope you're doing well – sounds as though you've had a rough time So sorry for dropping off the radar. I've been very busy - the pain etc to 4 weeks post op was a living hell, and as the pain grew less and I walked more, my back got bad as the now straight left leg was...
  5. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Thanks @Josephine. I didn't intend swimming, just walking up and down in the water, which I thought might be a good way to strengthen quads. Sorry I didn't make that at all clear! So I think activity would be fine but how long to ensure complete wound healing? Is it five weeks then? Many thanks
  6. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    @Josephine someone has offered to take me swimming weekly. The surgical staples are out, my op was 27 July. Is it safe to swim next week? Indoor pool. Thanks!
  7. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Thank you @Celle much appreciated. It's calmed slightly (good news) but spread out (bad news). Just gonna have to roll with the punches I guess.
  8. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Ended up sleeping the night on a pack of frozen peas. Pain in the bum from a hard lump of ice better than the pain in my bum was before. This is bad. I think it's piriformis syndrome. Not because I have been googling but because I work in Pain Management reporting, and see lots of reports of...
  9. Julie-Ann

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    c sounds like you're having a rough time. I've turned the corner as of Saturday just really struggling with pain in the bum (literally). It's not sciatica it just is in the bum - I think it's the piriformis that's tight and pinching a nerve. With your meds, if it helps any, I take mine...
  10. Julie-Ann

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    Thanks @PolarBear60 Nope the buttock pain is worse. It's at the back of my hip, in the buttock. The codeine amitryptyline etc hasn't touching it and I hesitate to ask the gp for yet more meds. Does anyone gave any ideas? It's worse when I've gad the leg up a lot, so physiotherapist...
  11. Julie-Ann

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    @Majic hi and sorry for being out of touch. Problems at work means I had to do stuff when I should have been resting... A friend dropped by today with his spare shower stool!!! He had heard I was looking for one. So I don't need your kind offer. Thank you very much though. Hope you are...
  12. Julie-Ann

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    I'm icing much less now anyway, the swellings not too bad. Get my staples out Tuesday!
  13. Julie-Ann

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    Wow can't believe you sleep with ice! I use frozen peas in pillowcases(5 bags) but in hospital they said I could only ice 20 minutes at a time and no more than once every two hours. Doesn't it make you mad all the conflicting advice? No we don't share a surgeon! Fingers crossed you're having...
  14. Julie-Ann

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    Ps I never asked - who dud your knee? It's just I had two diff surgeons in Cheltenham, might be one of my previous ones!
Back
Top Bottom