Recent content by Judlepip

  1. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    Hello all. I've been in London for a delightful break - on my own overnight in club (Union Jack Club) and just general relaxation. However, this means that I haven't been able to see your kind comments until now. I listen and hear all that you wisely say. I'm debating! P.S. @Josephine. I...
  2. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    @Josephine, I wonder if you'd give me more information on your recovery. For example, can you now get down onto the floor (should you wish to!) and having done so, can you get up again? Do you suffer any pain from your replacements? I find that I have grown accustomed to the, not dreadful...
  3. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    My original surgeon was Mr Jeer (I believe you knew of him @Josephine) and at the Horder I saw a Mr Butler-Manuel (actually a distant 'relative' of mine! [Niece's brother-in-law])
  4. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    @Josephine. I read your recovery thread and can only comment that you were lucky! I was unlucky - on reading of your initial return home, it brought to mind my return home (OK I'm years older), but I was in such pain I went into shock - shivering, then spasms. It was frightening. I did write...
  5. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    Hello to all (@Jamie and @Josephine) who are kindly trying to find answers for me. As far as the specialists go, they were all fairly unanimous in saying that it was a good replacement and the mal-alignment was within normal limits. I did ask about revision, but at least two of the three said...
  6. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    Yes please. How about - 'Still disabled' - that's how it feels!
  7. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    Well, it so nice to hear all your views, thank you! I'm afraid I have seen three different OSs, the last of which was the Royal National Orthopaedic as Josephine advised. Their advice was the same as others; it's a good replacement (despite mal-alignment!) and nothing further will help. They...
  8. Judlepip

    TKR Still Disabled-That's How it Feels

    Hello - 3 years post op. Am still suffering pain worse than pre-op and cannot stand from sitting without support. I really want to restart yoga, but being unable to bend or straighten this seems unlikely, Has anyone any similar experience?
  9. Judlepip

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Wonderful news and an inspiring post Ann. Well done. Much of your recovery has been down to your indomitable spirit! :flwrysmile:
  10. Judlepip

    TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

    Hey Ann! Wow, I am sorry to hear that you're still not AOK! You seem to have had a much tougher time than most. As to the chest infection - I think the phrase is 'tell me about it'!!! I had one which started in June and I'm almost over it now! It was absolutely dreadful and put the dampers...
  11. Judlepip

    TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

    Hello Ann (@Nana moon 27 ) I'm remarkably well thank you! It's two years now (give or take a week or so) since my TKR and I can now, at last, say that it's fine! Obviously, it's still crooked but I seem to be the only one to whom that's a problem! None of the 3 surgeons I saw were at all...
  12. Judlepip

    TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

    Keep at it Ann - you're doing fine! I know I've missed a lot of posts as I've been absent, but why still the crutches? I'm currently suffering from the most awful allergy reaction! I woke up in the early morning, sniffing, coughing, tingling eyes and sneezing! This continued for hours...
  13. Judlepip

    TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

    Hi @Nana moon 27 and all else out there today. The 'bug' that lasted so long Ann was, apparently, a 'virus', which as you will know means that nothing can be done! 3 lots of antibiotics, plus a short course of steroids still didn't put me right, but this last week I finally feel normal -...
  14. Judlepip

    TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

    Thanks @pumpkin, I think that's probably what I need. I'll follow it up with GP.
  15. Judlepip

    TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

    See earlier post Josephine. But thanks anyway.
Back
Top Bottom