Recent content by Jtmav

  1. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    2 years ago today I had the first of two TKRs, the second coming in April. Layla encouraged me to post an update on my progress, so here goes. I can’t say there is anything about the results that has disappointed me. The challenge is to remember just how difficult things were prior to the...
  2. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    So nice to hear from you and next Feb 1 will be 2 years on my left knee. I am very satisfied with the way my recovery has evolved and have been as active as much as I want. Feeling very blessed. I do stop by and see if Jake has popped up again. I will try and post on Feb 1 to hopefully provide...
  3. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Thanks, Layla. You’re always so supportive and encouraging. This forum is lucky to have you. Enjoy your Spring as well.
  4. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Well here I am at the one year mark as of yesterday for my right and second knee replacement. Very happy with both the results and the advice to do both knees 3 months apart. Celebrated my TKR anniversary with a twenty mile bike ride, both knees performing well. If you’re just beginning the...
  5. J

    TKR Fall during exercise session

    I had my first appointment with the head knee surgeon at the Baptist. While his reputation is amongst the best available I learned from a friend that while he may be in the operating room that the actual surgery could be done by one of his assistants. My eventual arrival with the surgeon I chose...
  6. J

    TKR Fall during exercise session

    I will chime in here as Dr Hany Bedair did both my TKRs last year, 3 months apart. I can’t speak more highly about him and his team. Interaction with the him is direct and to the point, while his team is very supportive and responds quickly to any questions. It’s important to remember that...
  7. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Today marks the one year anniversary of both my first of two knee replacements and my first post to this great community. Hard to believe how fast a year can go by but I think I have had a fairly typical and successful recovery. I have continued to work on my recovery with both regular cycling...
  8. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Layla you’re always so thoughtful and it’s nice to be remembered. My Christmas was great, was able to see and spend time with all my grandchildren, who make this such a fun holiday. As far as my recovery, it seems to be moving along nicely, certainly need more time to get the full benefits of...
  9. J

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    Jake, nice to see your post. We all move at our own pace and you’ll know when the time is right for Jake 2.0. I’m moving along with the advances being more incremental at this point. All in all very grateful for where I am. Hope you and your family enjoy a blessed holiday together as well as...
  10. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Thanks Layla, I have so much to be grateful for. As far as our pets, “be happy it happened and not sad it’s over”. Stay well
  11. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Jake, so nice to hear from you, I have thought of you often and am happy after reading your update. My recovery from the two TKRs has been fairly uneventful. Like Layla pointed out to me a long time ago it’s not linear for sure. I am at close to 10 and 7 months on the two knees. I am certainly...
  12. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    so great to hear from you, hope your summer went well and you’re getting stronger every day. We’ve been at this together for awhile now and I am feeling very grateful for where I am and hopeful about where I’m headed. Enjoy the last gasps of summer and stay strong, my friend.
  13. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Tomorrow will be 7 month anniversary for my left knee and 4 months for my right. My recovery has been pretty good, really no hitches just my impatience. That being said I just finished a twenty mile bike ride on one of my favorite paths here on Cape Cod. So grateful for this and all of your...
  14. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    They say you never forget how to ride a bike, I hope they’re right :biking: it’s been such a long time I do have a concern about just staying upright. I’m sure it will be fine over time like all of this journey has been. I missed the line that day when patience was being handed out...
  15. J

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    Thanks Layla, you’ve been so helpful and encouraging since I started coming here, along with many others. Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer, as always they are fleeting. Be well
Back
Top Bottom