Recent content by Josie B

  1. Josie B

    Screening colonoscopy after knee replacement

    I had both knees replaced last summer. LTKR on 6/24 and RTKR on 5/20. Recovery has been normal with the exception of a incision infection on the LTKR which was promptly treated with surgical debridement of the wound and a course of heavy antibiotics. Tests showed no evidence of deeper...
  2. Josie B

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Please add me to the June list. Confirmed LTKR on June 24. I had RTKR on May 20. I think things have gone pretty well for the first one considering the surgery itself, but I'm not jumping for joy to do it again so soon. That said. I think I'd be depressed to keep putting it off too...
  3. Josie B

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I need to file a full report on my RTKR on May 20,but it has gone smoothly. So well in fact, we are going to go for the LTKR in three weeks. (June 24) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Josie B

    TKR Josie B takes a knee - Into surgery May 20

    Thought I'd take a quick moment and set up my post-op thread. I've been rushing around the past week getting everything ready and trying to avoid thinking about the surgery too much. More to come once the deed is done.:type:
  5. Josie B

    Knee replacement, both knees - 5 weeks apart.

    Thank you all for the good comments. Both my knees are 'crunchy' and unstable so they will need to be done as close together as we can muster just as @cafecortado said "my unoperated knee would interfere with the recovery of the operated knee" The other decision has been deciding which knee...
  6. Josie B

    Knee replacement, both knees - 5 weeks apart.

    I'm scheduled for my RTKR on May 20 and the LTKR is tentatively set for June 24. Initially I thought I would go for the bilateral procedure. but after a long discussion with my surgeon it was decided a staged approach would be done. My personality is for a once and done, but it became clear to...
  7. Josie B

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Changes at pre-op appointment today. No longer simultaneous BTKR. Going to do the knees 5 weeks apart. My first knee (RTKR) will still be May 20 and the LTKR is scheduled for June 24. Is this what you call on this site a staged BTKR vs. simultaneous? Does this mean I get to be a...
  8. Josie B

    How important is a recliner for recovery?

    Thank you for all your good comments and recommendations. I truly appreciate this discussion forum. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Josie B

    How important is a recliner for recovery?

    Kind of a semi-silly question to ask, but I'm curious to hear how highly it rates on your must have lists. I don't currently own one, but with pending BTKR in May I'm considering the option. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Josie B

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Thank you for the encouraging words! I 'm still having schizophrenic thoughts about the whole thing, jumping from excitement to anxiety at the drop of a hat. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Josie B

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    BTKR scheduled for May 20. I've noticed several of us are set for that date. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom