Recent content by Jojool

  1. Jojool

    THR 3½ years post THR surgery, now pain***

    Thank you Jo....I must tell you that your advice and support has meant the world to me since 2013. The first time I found this site, it was such a wonderful place to discuss and learn about hip replacement. When this pain started, I knew where I could find the RIGHT info. Thank you..... and I...
  2. Jojool

    THR 3½ years post THR surgery, now pain***

    TRF2 is right where it hurts. It only hurts if I bend down (like to get something out of a lower cupboard) and come back up...it hurts and almost feels like it's going to lock as I come up. Weird feeling..... Other than this problem, I am SO glad I had the surgery done. I rarely even think...
  3. Jojool

    THR 3½ years post THR surgery, now pain***

    Hi all! It's been a long time, but I'm back. First off, let me say this: If you are scared about having the hip surgery....and the recovery, don't be. It is the best thing I've ever done. Making the decision to have the first surgery of my life was a tough one, and my nerves were pretty...
  4. Jojool

    One year Birthday of my new hip!

    Just a quick note to let you all know how wonderful I am doing! For all of you who are going through the hip replacement process, please take comfort in the fact that I am now completely pain free and I rarely even think about the fact that I have a Bionic Hip. I am so glad that I had this...
  5. Jojool

    Feed back needed on surgeons in Phoenix area

    Dr Chow was wonderful.....and the results are amazing. I rarely even think about my new hip, the recovery was great. I would recommend him to anyone. He does have a LONG waiting list to get in, so make your appointment as soon as possible. It may take 4-5 months to get in to see him.
  6. Jojool

    Oodles of Pre op Questions

    Just a quick note on what to wear in/after the hospital....I purchased a few pair of Men's sweatpant shorts (of course, it was summer here then)but you could buy big sweatpants or lounge pants. They are 2-3 sizes too big for me, but were easy to pull on and comfy. I figure I'll donate them to...
  7. Jojool

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    Thought I'd pop in and give you an update. I was 12 weeks out from my THR on November 14. Today I went on a 1-1/2 hour ride on my horse. No pain, no stiffness and absolute Heaven! I hadn't planned on going that long, but met up with a friend and we talked and walked and before we knew it, it...
  8. Jojool

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    :yay: So happy for you!!! Yipee!!!! :happydance: Now don't over do it girlie!!! But enjoy every minute....i know I do!!! We horse people are definitely getting back in the saddle. thank God for modern medicine!
  9. Jojool

    Depression about not riding and what to do...

    Meggzie I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear all about your first ride. Just remember, don't overdo it! Trust me, a few minutes in the saddle will bring you so much joy...
  10. Jojool

    Newbie here!!!

    lourees I can tell you that you WILL ride again after a THR. I had my RTHR on Aug. 14, and have been riding now for about 3 weeks. I only ride for about 1/2 hour at a time, and I'm only walking, but it feels so good to be back in the saddle. I've been reading through your thread, and I'm so...
  11. Jojool

    Depression about not riding and what to do...

    t-leigh I started riding last weekend!!! Only 15 minutes in the saddle, but I could've done more. NO PAIN. NONE! Even when I swung my leg over, I was expecting that familiar pain, but it wasn't there! I've ridden 3 times since then. Went over 1/2 hour yesterday and my horse Sam was feeling...
  12. Jojool

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Woo Hoo Meggzie! I just got back from a 1/2 hour ride .... it was HEAVEN! :angel: even though my horse was wired....he jigged all the way home and I loved every minute of it. NO PAIN!!!!!
  13. Jojool

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    Well, I did it! I rode my horse for 15 minutes today. Didn't hurt one bit!! I wanted to go longer but I know I have to ease into my riding routine. It felt SO good. I am BACK IN THE SADDLE!!!!!
  14. Jojool

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    I am 8 weeks out from surgery today. Went to my follow-up yesterday with my surgeon. Dr. Chow told me that I am doing well, and said I'm about 70% healed. He told me it normally takes up to a year and a half to completely recover to the point where you forget you had a hip replacement. My...
  15. Jojool

    Depression about not riding and what to do...

    t-leigh welcome to Bonesmart. I, like you, am an avid horseperson. I've been riding for over 45 years. Until last January, when it became so painful to ride, I "hung up my saddle". Depression set in. It was like loosing a best friend. My life became all about sitting on the couch or laying...
Back
Top Bottom