Recent content by JohnWilky

  1. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Thank you M, hope you continue to be almost pain free. Well, here we go I'm one month away from 5 years and counting (where / how as that time gone so fast ) anyway I'm still sought of pain free, aches and pains yea, but I still enjoy playing (Soccer, can’t pick it up unless you’re the goalie)...
  2. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Hiya Folks , hoping that everyone is feeling fine ( first daft statement) I will cut to the chase therefore Generally new hip ( March 2021) is sought of OK some niggles & aches , but hey it’s better than pre op ! My latest problem niggle is tricky to explain so here goes , pinpoint it is a...
  3. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Hiya folks, thxs for those remedies & good advice. You will be completely uninterested to know, but you're getting it anyway. My ribs have eased enough for me to act stupid again! Still a touch tender though. Friends indigestion and new hip have improved enough for him to go on a Mediterranean...
  4. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Latest from Manchester, can’t get my Mucker to post on hither who is making slower progress, suffering now from reflux / indigestion , any advice ? More importantly more about me ! Has a fall playing football ( I know ) landing awkwardly on my outstretched arms thus suffering injury to my...
  5. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Hello you all you fellow moaning burgers-a big good luck to all you pre new hippies ( the vast majority of the receivers goes really well ) and a well done to all post new hipsters , keep up the good work . Enough about you lot , more importantly more about me ! I’m 3 years 3 month in with THR...
  6. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Thxs L, still achy , but pain has eased across most of my lower back yet still very sore above my ‘new’ hip lower back/side area. Heat does ease it , Ice doesn’t help . Still painful to bend that side of the body , but eases a lot when sat in comfy position But try to keep moving and I know...
  7. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Another question, 3 years plus since got new hip, been pretty decent mobility, inc plenty of gym & playing football BUT!!! (you know that was coming) after recent football, pulled a calf in good leg….. but fatigue made me unable to keep decent stature & long story short!! Twisted! My back (new...
  8. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Cheers L , I’ll check that out, good for plantar too
  9. JohnWilky

    THR Tomorrow is the day! Recovery info to follow:)

    Good luck girls , pretty much similar to my experience. Follow Bonesmart super advice and you won’t be far off . Continued recovery stay off the drink haha
  10. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Hello , happy Easter all moaning old hipsters hope that your new bits are working as expected. Enough about you lot , more about moi. Three years on from my ( have I mentioned that before) new left hip ) My latest update , still suffering hip Bursa and tronchantric band / muscle aches , but...
  11. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Thank you folks for that super ,intelligent advice all of which ( as you all guess) I won’t take a blind bit of notice !!! I have rested from playing football ( soccer) this last couple week & that has , rather unsurprisingly relieved the injury a little, so I may leave it another couple of week...
  12. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Sorry for boring everyone fwiw here now I can / say admit I have finally succumbed to trochanter bursa aggravation. Save looking back in this thread I have tried to play / train / exercise through the condition only to finally admit I'm not superman, and protect the area from as much as I can...
  13. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Thank you all for the advice
  14. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    Happy Christmas ( belated will do for next year ) and Happy New year to all hipsters pre or post BS moderators a very happy and pain free New Year. Still exercising regularly but nowhere near pain free but struggle on , bad news for my 39 year old son who has had a poor examination x ray...
  15. JohnWilky

    THR Hi! Post THR recovery

    All intact, looks good fitting. Surgeon did suggest injection which I declined (don’t want anymore ‘surgical’ treatment) see how exercise goes, he’s recommended stretching! Something tells me it’s not a science, we will see.
Back
Top Bottom