Recent content by johnnyutah

  1. johnnyutah

    TKR Foot and body swelling/pressure long after surgery

    thanks. I have had the lymphatic message and it helps but this is an everyday event. I will let everyone know what came of the tests starting next week. But I guess the answer could be....this is normal.
  2. johnnyutah

    TKR Foot and body swelling/pressure long after surgery

    I hope someone here can help identify my issue. This started years ago after my first surgeries and still persists today. My surgeries are as follows: ACL reconstruction/microfracture- August 2015 Partial menisectomy- October 2016 Osteochondral allograft- October 2017 TKR- January 2019 I...
  3. johnnyutah

    First Surgical Consult - PKR Recommendation

    That's encouraging they told you about jogging. Of all the surgeons I have consulted with, they most say TKR is better than PKR.
  4. johnnyutah

    Has anyone had "arthrosurface" knee resurfacing?

    I believe Dr. Cole at Rush Ortho has experience with that, but like most biologic solutions, they are only temporary.
  5. johnnyutah

    TKR Running after knee surgery

    Before my knee issues, I was a regular runner, at least 2-3 times a week 3 or 4 miles at a time. I recently read an article in Outside Magazine about a guy who got a TKR from a surgeon in Texas and he has run thousands of miles post TKR. His gait was a bit abnormal when I watched his videos...
  6. johnnyutah

    Having doubts! help!

    best of luck. keep us informed.
  7. johnnyutah

    Considering Partial or Total Knee Replacement

    One of my surgeons who is also a friend of mine said he sees most of his colleagues doing revisions of partials because the opposite side of the knee typically becomes inflamed and/or arthritic due to the enzymes released.
  8. johnnyutah

    PKR 15 days post op

    I had the same experience after I tore my ACL. Osteoarthritis on the medial side, but the arthritis took over and affected the lateral side. My diagnosis was synovitis, as well, but that seems to be a general diagnosis for knee inflammation. I had a cartilage transplant to try to stop the...
  9. johnnyutah

    Building decision for knee surgery

    I will share the last almost 4 years of my wisdom of knee surgeons: I have been to most in the country, Brian Cole at Rush did my cartilage transplant. I saw Dr. LaPrade Steadman Clinic in Vail for a second opinion. Had surgery at the Stone Clinic in SF. Visited many other good surgeons in...
  10. johnnyutah

    PKR 15 days post op

    I'm in the same situation. I am scheduled for a TKR in January. I'm 44 and never thought I would be getting a total knee at this age, but from what I hear it is becoming much more common. How is everything going for you now?
  11. johnnyutah

    2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

    so what led to your needing revision?
  12. johnnyutah

    2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

    Add me to the list! Right TKR January 22 at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis. I am looking forward to getting back into shape...before my knee problems I was very active in running and a number of sports. I tried every biologic option before making this decision. I had microfracture, cartilage...
Back
Top Bottom