Hi Josephine, yes the scoliosis was diagnosed by my rhuematogist before I was referred to the orthopaedic team for the hip replacement. I also had an X Ray to determine both leg lengths. The difference was few MM. Considered normal. My posture feels very different. I also have had lordosis and...
It's now 3 months since my Hip replacement and I'd like to share my experience with you all regarding my spine. I developed a scoliosis/oblique pelvis while I was waiting for my hip replacement. It meant that I couldn't stand with both feet on the ground without bending my knee on the right...
One week since my op yesterday and I was feeling so good that I stood while cooking. A novelty for me as I have been cooking from a chair for a long time. It felt so good but a few hours later my leg was swollen. It was obviously too much. Getting the activity right is a very fine balance...
So relieved after a year on the waiting list to get the phone call and have my new hip. Out here in Spain the plan is op day plus the next day in bed . Following day up and about. This went well for me and I was discharged on the 5th. I am doing very well I think, I am walking with confidence...
Hi everyone, I'm on day 6 and doing very well I think. I'm walking around indoors with confidence. The only problem I have is sleeping. Lying on my back for long periods gives me pain in my back and also a really bad burning sensation in my foot on my operated side (right). My muscles are also...
Had the phone call yesterday.my right hip replacement is happening on the 2nd May. One whole year on the waiting list. I have necrosis and haven't been weight bearing for some time now. The left hip isn't so bad but will also need replacing. Back on the waiting list.
Sent from my iPad using...
I use heat pads on all my bad joints but my physio advised no ice. I also live in Spain to avoid the British damp and cold. Thanks for all your input
Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
Unfortunately no anti inflammatories as my heart and lungs are at risk as I have Scleroderma. I elected not to continue with them. It's all a bit complicated isn't it. I think my osteonecrosis may be related to the scleroderma but no one wants to confirm that. Thanks for your thoughts, much...
Thank you Jaycey. I have been on crutches and not fully weight bearing for 5 months. My gp has been trying to help with the pain but tramadol in the higher doses gives me really bad diarrhoea and I've tried palexia but it makes me sick. I've been on parecetomol for a long time and am ok with...
Can anyone advise if they have used a hip brace or support of some kind pre surgery. I have 6 months to wait and the pain is awful. Medication is not working out because of side effects. Just wondering if a support might help?
Sent from my iPad using broken link removed...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.