Recent content by jmschmidt

  1. J

    TKR Lump on knee 10 months after TKR- any ideas?

    Does anyone have experience with lumps appearing around the knee long after surgery? I had my LTKR done in January (right one done in July has given me no problems) and it still does not seem "right". There is numbness on the outside edge and now after 10 months I have developed a 1x2" hard...
  2. J

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR

    Keep in mind there really is no "typical" recovery. I had my left TKR in January - the recovery was hellish. Apparently I had an unusual reaction to the nerve block - every muscle in my leg left refused to function for months- tons of pain, couldn't conquer alternate legs on stairs for 4...
  3. J

    TKR Lump on knee 10 months after TKR- any ideas?

    Keep in mind there really is no "typical" recovery. I had my left TKR in January - the recovery was hellish. Apparently I had an unusual reaction to the nerve block - every muscle in my leg left refused to function for months- tons of pain, couldn't conquer alternate legs on stairs for 4...
  4. J

    TKR Lump on knee 10 months after TKR- any ideas?

    July 23 RTKR - my second. I'm 6 months out from my LTKR and not entirely happy with it - still very stiff, some swollen, numb on the outside, fair bit of trouble with stairs - lots of hamstring and back of knee pain. Still, decided to go ahead with the other one. Hope I won't regret it in 6...
  5. J

    2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    July 23 RTKR - my second. I'm 6 months out from my LTKR and not entirely happy with it - still very stiff, some swollen, numb on the outside, fair bit of trouble with stairs - lots of hamstring and back of knee pain. Still, decided to go ahead with the other one. Hope I won't regret it in 6...
  6. J

    TKR Lump on knee 10 months after TKR- any ideas?

    Don't rush the med withdrawal. I am 5 weeks post-op today, and wanted to ditch the opioids ASAP. But I cut the doses way too fast, and the pain caused me to not want to move around as much. So, despite the fact that they are horrible, make me itch and cause my stomach to feel like a grinder is...
  7. J

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Don't rush the med withdrawal. I am 5 weeks post-op today, and wanted to ditch the opioids ASAP. But I cut the doses way too fast, and the pain caused me to not want to move around as much. So, despite the fact that they are horrible, make me itch and cause my stomach to feel like a grinder is...
  8. J

    TKR Lump on knee 10 months after TKR- any ideas?

    Hi, LTKR on January 22 so 5 weeks in. Has anyone else had issues with high blood pressure? I'm taking occasional tramadol and Advil and exercising daily, but having pain still most days. Just freaking out because BP spike to 155/99 and I used to have generally low-normal readings. Any ideas?
  9. J

    Welcome to the January Jackpots' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi, LTKR on January 22 so 5 weeks in. Has anyone else had issues with high blood pressure? I'm taking occasional tramadol and Advil and exercising daily, but having pain still most days. Just freaking out because BP spike to 155/99 and I used to have generally low-normal readings. Any ideas?
  10. J

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi all, Getting my left knee replaced this Monday, January 22, 7:30am Alaska Time. Years of being a farmhand, skiier, runner and field geologist have taken their toll. It's my first, and I'm very apprehensive - at "Joint Academy" they made sure to highlight all the ways we could die, and how...
Back
Top Bottom