Recent content by jmdearras

  1. jmdearras

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    I have the same thing on my first knee. Drives me crazy at night, sometimes. The second knee has pretty much recovered feeling.
  2. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    Another check-in. I really only notice them when they allow me more movement than I was used to. Squatting is totally easy now, I'm getting used to that over bending my back to pick up things, even heavy one. Anyway, I wish you all the best, you will get there!
  3. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    Long time since the last post. Last OS checkup a few months back, all is well. I seldom notice them, anymore. They are as good as OEM ever were. Kneeling still feels a bit odd, but no pain. I can squat and crawl with my grandkids, now! I did have an event that scared me, I was crossing a...
  4. jmdearras

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    Just using it improves ROM more than anything in my experience.
  5. jmdearras

    TKR Delarbar's recovery

    That may be normal for that PT, but it is NOT acceptable. You will make no progress until the knee heals more and the PT is just damaging it. it took me 8 months to reach full extension, with NO pt and NO pain. There is no need to rush and suffer for it. I had only 3 weeks of formal PT on...
  6. jmdearras

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    I had the opposite problem, I could not reach 0 extension. Dr. wanted to rush it, I refused. Both knees took 6-8 months crossing the last few degrees to reach 0. But they did.
  7. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    I do not see how I could be happier with them! If not for the scar, no one would know, and I would forget!
  8. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    Had my 6 month checkup last week. Finally, my OS said my recovery was exceptional! :wowspring: he always had something to be disappointed with before. He told me my results were better than what most folks get. :loveshwr:
  9. jmdearras

    TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

    I don't have a spacer! :) But I can still damage the lower.
  10. jmdearras

    TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

    The actual concern is that the impact of running will crack the plastic component.
  11. jmdearras

    TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

    If running hurts, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
  12. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    I'm feeling more and more normal with my knees. This morning I found I was pacing waiting for the microwave to finish! :)
  13. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    Well, I'm really not trying to diagnose her, just express my reaction to the situation!:wowspring:
  14. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    She was clear it was the TKR one giving her the issue, she could barely get in the cart, it didn't bend enough. She didn't seem to feel it was unusual at 5 months.
  15. jmdearras

    TKR Second TKR'

    I handle the chariots (golf carts) at a Bethlehem Walk event. Last night I had a weird event. I was aiding a woman about my age to the cart, she limped and was unsteady. She volunteered that she needed the cart ride because she had had her knee replaced in June. I didn't tell her mine was...
Back
Top Bottom