Recent content by JMackay

  1. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    I feel like the new knee is stable. I am keeping my knee too straight and that is why I have pain when standing. I am trying to bend my knee more when standing in place.
  2. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    Thank you to everyone. I don't remember having as much pain standing at this point in my recovery with my first TKR. I try to walk as much as possible because it doesn't hurt when I keep moving.
  3. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    I will check into both of your suggestions to see if leg length or nerve damage could be causing the problems.
  4. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    I am more than 3 months into the recovery phase and I still have a lot of pain if I stand in one place for more than 5 minutes. Did this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?
  5. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    I am 9 weeks since surgery and my knee will buckle several times a day for no reason. That is why I still walk with the walker or cane. Has this happened to others and what did you do about it?
  6. J

    TKR Excruciating Night Pain

    I am so sorry to hear about your night pain. I have found sleeping in my recliner is the only way to not have the pain. I think it is because I don't have to straighten my leg all of the way out. I thought I could move to the bed last week but found that I am still better off in the recliner...
  7. J

    TKR Pain

    My ROM right before the appointment was 93.5 but yesterday it was 100. I think these are great numbers for 6 weeks.
  8. J

    TKR Pain

    I had my 6 week check-up this week and was told I would have to have an MUA if I didn't get better ROM. This is definitely a roller coast ride because one day you think you are doing ok and the next you can feel really down. Just know that you are not alone. It is a long journey.
  9. J

    TKR Deb's new knee

    I am 2 days behind you in terms of surgery. It does seem to be an up and down recovery. I was ok for the past week and today I have lots of pain. It is so hard to predict and a much longer recovery than I expected even though I had my right knee replaced 5 years ago. I hope you can get the...
  10. J

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I have been sleeping in my recliner because I can keep my legs elevated and it seems to ease the pain. I hope that your pain will diminish really soon!!!
  11. J

    TKR Pain

    I am two days ahead of you in recovery. I have found that I can sleep on my recliner. I tried the bed last night and couldn't do it; however, for some reason the recliner works. You are making great progress. Keep up the good work.
  12. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    I can't wait to get in the pool either. I go to warm water aerobics and it is wonderful. I hope to go back after 4 weeks.
  13. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    Thanks for all of the helpful hints on activity. I survived lunch yesterday by making sure we went to a place near to my home that had booths so I could put my leg up. It was great to get out for a few hours. I seem to be okay today. I plan to do my outings every other day so my knee doesn't...
  14. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    So far the knee pain has not been as bad as my first knee replacement. I did venture out with my friends this week for lunch. Be sure to bring lots of pillows in the car (I forgot) because getting the leg comfortable is challenging. I had a nice lunch and it was great to get out. I did not...
  15. J

    TKR surgery over recovery now

    Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I realized that I did not follow the pain medicine schedule and paid for it last night. I have gotten better today by following the schedule every 4 hours.
Back
Top Bottom