Recent content by JMACCA

  1. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hi everyone, I am looking for tips / suggestions... I find that the zapping in the legs and restless legs of a night to keep me awake and unable to fully relax into a deep sleep. I am averaging on about 5 hours a night and I am a girl who really operates best on 8-10 hours! I understand that...
  2. JMACCA

    Returning to work - what to expect?

    I understand this feeling! It is a wonderful feeling to be on the other side - healing...but your body will be the boss for some time. No matter how fast you want it to go, it will tell you when enough is enough. I would suggest knowing where your first-aid room is - if possible, arrange to...
  3. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Work has been terrific..., I work had from home and the days I am in the office is disruption after disruption. Because of my output, work has no issue with me being at home. I am very fortunate. Pilates has been incredible - I have started doing it twice a week for the past couple of weeks and...
  4. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hi there lovely people...it seems like I haven't been on here for AGES!! I have been adjusting returning to work. I have A LOT to catch up on!! The last two weeks I have been going into the office once a week - and it completely exhausts me!! The tiredness is phenomenal. I can barely make it to...
  5. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Oh I simply couldn't imagine getting to one crutch after day 7! That is amazing. I certainly feel slower than the 'pack'. I am still using the walker around the house - lightly pushing it rather than leaning on it - it is more for ease of carrying things rather than using the crutches. I use two...
  6. JMACCA

    Very Anxious About Surgery

    Firstly WELCOME! Just letting you know that this is not necessarily the case - you will be surprised at what you can do on your own. Just make sure that you have the right 'aids' to assist you at home and you will do great!
  7. JMACCA

    Wozzie's Journey

    Welcome @Wozzie! How exciting to be getting your hip done! Just imagine - next summer you will be able to walk on the beach and enjoy yourself! As for now, just enjoy being in an air-conditioned room / home recovering - beautiful! Recliners are great for post surgery. You can recline back or...
  8. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hi all! Well here I am 27 days post my last surgery and still taking it easy. All up I was 28 days away from home - it felt like such a long time. I am doing great, getting lots of sleep and not needing additional pain meds during the day. I am taking Targin in the morning and night and that...
  9. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Sorry for my lousy update schedule! After spending 6 days in hospital with a couple of 10 pain nights, I am now 5 days into rehab and going home in 4 days. My left leg is still giving me grief. I have had a temp that spikes every now and then, I have had blood work and cultures done which are...
  10. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hi everyone. Everything went well with the op but i have been experiencing 10 level pain. There has been many tears, many more meds and something does not feel right. Apparently the op was much easier than my other hip, as my surgeon told my husband. The pain feels like bone pain not...
  11. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Oh...one more thing...a bit of a brag really... I had the tiniest of bruises and my scar is about 10cm long - on my bikini line! My dreams of becoming a swimsuit model is not out of the question! :heehee::heehee::heehee: Now to just lose 50kg!
  12. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hello gorgeous people...well, here I am on the eve of my second surgery! I am SO excited! Things have been going super well and I am down to taking Targin in the morning and night and that is it! I am thrilled! Physio is great - it is not too much, I am going twice a day in rehab, small number...
  13. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hello there! I found out that the internet 'problems' were actually user error! How embarrassing! Things have been going really well! 9 days since my surgery which as we know is a lifetime in recovery world! So much has happened! On the day of surgery, I said goodbye to the family at home and...
  14. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Hi gorgeous people! I am doing SUPER well! I am moving to rehab today and hope to give you a better update - internet is LOUSY at the hospital and I haven't been able to get on. It has been an absolute whirlwind!! I can't wait to share with you [emoji106][emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using...
  15. JMACCA

    > 3 months out and sleep is terrible

    Ready for my next adventure - a brand new beginning with shiny new CoC with Titanium hips. It seems like it has been such a long time to get to this point and I am so excited to be moving into a new phase...one which is pain free, strong and active... Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom