Recent content by jimjam

  1. J

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Left THR 20/4/17 3 or 4 days after staples removed.
  2. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    My surgeon didn't say anything about keeping the wound covered. I asked the practice nurse for some dressings just to reduce the friction of clothing but the oozing came through. I've brought some surgical pads and micropore tape and this helps, but pulling the tape off my skin is really sore...
  3. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    Hi Jaycey, just a couple of questions. I had my staples out on Thursday and I've had some yellowy discharge from the wound. I'm keeping it covered with a sterile dressing, but wondering if this is normal? Also I'm walking well with one crutch around my apartment and am tempted to hobble without...
  4. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    Hi Jaycey. Thanks. Sorry I find negotiating around the site a bit tricky being a technophobe. Thanks again for your help. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    Hi all. Two weeks post op for me and having my 33 staples out today!!! Wish me luck. I remember those early days trying to get out of bed to go to the loo at night was difficult but I used a slide sheet and leg raiser that helped enormously. I have my chair raised on what I call elephant feet so...
  6. J

    THR Monika66 in recovery - doing great!

    Well done. I'm a month behind you so it it's encouraging to hear your progress is on track. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    I got 5mg of midazalam but it didn't really do much except help me relax. I'm a nurse by profession so was very interested in the process although you don't get to see anything behind a big screen. I just became detached from my waist down and listened to classical music. Good luck to all that...
  8. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    Hi guys, so I had my surgery on the 20th and was discharged from hospital just 48 hours after surgery. Pain levels were high the first and second night and got sleep deprived. Settled after that and was up walking on crutches well. The spinal anaesthetic and block was ok in the end, a bit weird...
  9. J

    THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

    Hi guys it's my day 3 post op LTHR. I got discharged just 48 hrs after surgery. I've allowed my hubby to take care of me and done no house work, unless you include straightening the bed! I would have thought after major surgery we are allowed to be a 'lay about'. Sent from my iPhone using...
  10. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    Thanks everyone. All your positive experiences have put my mind at rest, and I'm feeling so ready now. I've been on the sick for 6 weeks now after reducing my hours to just 13 a week for the last 6 months. I'm looking forward now although I'm sure it'll get worse before it gets better. Sent...
  11. J

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi all. So got my date for LTHR 20th April. I'm taking comfort from all the positive posts here and have found lots of great info to help me through the process. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. J

    THR Jimjam is on the way!

    So met with my OS yesterday and he didn't need much persuading re me needing a LTHR, and even better news within 2 months! He uses a spinal block with sedation so I'm a little nervous. I would be very grateful to hear anyone's experiences of this type of op. Sent from my iPhone using...
  13. J

    Newbie here, seeing orthopedic surgeon tomorrow

    That's great Susan. I've had pain in my left hip for several years, and recently had an X-ray that showed severe degeneration in the Lt and mild in the Rt. I'm scheduled to see an OS next Saturday so fingers crossed. There's a 3-4 month wait in the UK so maybe June for me. This site has been...
  14. J

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi, that's so annoying. It so hard to get emotionally ready then have surgery postponed. I'm in the early stages. So only recently got diagnosed as having severe osteoarthritis in my left hip and mild in my right. I've opted for a replacement in the left now to save the right which I'm sure will...
  15. J

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Hi, I'm due to see my OS on the 11th of march to discuss possible THR. I've been told the waiting list is about 12 weeks so not too long to wait. I'll be following your progress so keep posting. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Back
Top Bottom