Recent content by JGK

  1. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Left was in September 2024, Right was December 2024.
  2. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Good morning. It's been 5 months since the 2nd (left) knee was replaced and 8 months since the right was replaced. I have some days where I have some weird pain (s) but generally speaking all is well. I rode my motorcycle a few times this month, first time in almost a year. I find that my leg...
  3. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Progress update... I stopped PT at the end of January. I (and my doctor) felt that the extension and flexion achieved were sufficient. Since then, I have resumed all my pre surgery activities, work, recreation etc. Some days I suffer with some pain, seems to corelate with the weather but for...
  4. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Moving "right" along, lol. I asked that all the strengthening exercises I am assigned at PT include the left knee as well as I feel my right knee is stronger than the left. Monster walks, stationary bike, step up/down exercises, stretches and leg lifts with 2 lb. ankle weights and finally 60...
  5. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Happy New Year to ALL! Yesterday was my 1 month anniversary for righty. Pain has substantially subsided. I am off the pain meds (except before PT). I am back at work and started driving yesterday. PT spends half our time on flexing and half on strengthening, the formula appears to be...
  6. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Day 18-knee #2 I was released from "in home" PT and started "offsite" PT today. Evaluation was positive, close to 100 flexion and -3 on extension. Way ahead of the game on strengthening now that pain is under control. Working on getting off the pain meds so I can drive is next on the list. I...
  7. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Day 7 update- My situation is positive despite the pain, which still seems more intense than the other knee. PT is challenging and my progress is the opposite of the first knee where as I’m struggling with flexion not extension on this knee. Don’t get me wrong I’m not hung up on the numbers...
  8. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    One thing is for sure, I remember the good parts more than the bad parts. 3 days in, My extension is better this time at -6 but flexion leads more to be desired 67. Sleeping on the recliner this time around has solved my sleep issue, walking around the house and climbing the stairs and...
  9. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    If possible could it read “ Left knee TKR 9/16/2024 and Right knee TKR 12/2/2024 progress” Thank you sorry I was short. Jim
  10. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    If an admin could update the title with the 12/2 right knee I’d appreciate it.
  11. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Right Knee TKR-12/2/2024 I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am. I was scheduled #2 behind a hip. Went in around 9:30 and woke up in recovery around 11. I was admitted to the room where they scheduled a PT session. I knew they would remove the immobilizer requirement if I could do the 15 leg...
  12. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    So perhaps I overdid it a little. I went to a local Mall last weekend and decided to walk stairs. The parking garage stairs were short and easy to maneuver. I went up and down them several times and by the time we finished shopping I had the sharpest pain in my calf muscle. It is still...
  13. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    I am scheduled for knee #2 on 12/02. I will update this thread as much as possible after the procedure to create a record of the experience for anyone that is interested. Jim
  14. JGK

    2024 December Supernovas - Are you having knee Surgery in December?

    I am fortunate enough to be moving on to knee #2. I am scheduled for TKR surgery on 12/2 on my right knee. I had the left knee replaced on 9/16 and I couldn't be happier with my progress up until now. Cautiously Optimistic and felling blessed. Good Luck to All! Jim
  15. JGK

    TKR Left TKR 9/16/2024 and Right TKR 12/2/2024

    Progress Report- Post Op 6 weeks follow up. I'm currently NOT taking any pain medication and am back at work 100%. My PT was discontinued as I have already hit the goals. I was given the green light to schedule my right knee in December and I am currently waiting for a confirmation on the...
Back
Top Bottom