Recent content by JG65

  1. J

    TKR The beginning, July 20th 2015

    I cannot imagine being taken off all pain meds at two weeks. My surgery was in March. I finally got off Percocet 2-1/2 weeks ago, even though I was only taking a 1/2 pill at night. I take Aleve before bed at this point. Even given that, my knee can still wake me in the middle of the night like...
  2. J

    TKR What does Medicare not pay for in TKR?

    As you can see, my surgery was in March. Besides Medicare, I have Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield as my supplemental insurance. I have yet to receive a bill for anything related to my TKR and the total was more than $50K, which included 3 weeks of in-home PT 3 times a week and a visiting nurse at...
  3. J

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    I never did find a comfortable sleeping position in bed. I slept in my recliner with a small pillow between my knees. As for the pain meds, I was able to wean myself off daytime Percocet, but continued with one before bedtime until about 6 weeks ago. I continued to have a deep ache that would...
  4. J

    Is 6 weeks long enough between TKR?

    I'm at almost 23 weeks and nowhere near ready to have my 2nd TKR. but, as others have said, everyone is different and each knee is different. Just depends on your physical condition and how you feel about mentally and emotionally. JanG Right TKR 2015/03/19
  5. J

    TKR Lin's Recovery Journey

    I've found it very helpful to be sure to sit on a firm chair rather than one that is really cushy and one that is not really low. Also, if you have a choice sit in a chair with arms so you have something to push off from. If I don't have a choice and have to sit in a low chair with no arms, I...
Back
Top Bottom