Recent content by JG464

  1. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    You are probably right....I keep trying to do a little more every time I feel a little better...have to remember patience and time are the key!
  2. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Thank you!
  3. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Also, could I change my title to Five Months Later? Thank you!
  4. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Any ideas how to help what I think is muscle pain inner thigh just above the knee? Thought I overdid it walking in pool but it has been a few days now and still really sore.......
  5. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Thank you all so much!!!! It is so good to know that others know and understand what you are going through!!!
  6. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Time sure flies! So, my five month anniversary came and went on August 5th and I am still waiting for the day that I can recommend TKR to someone….I am still not at that point. As much as I felt progress a month ago, I feel like I have taken a few steps back. Insurance cut off physical therapy...
  7. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Tomorrow I will reach the 4 month mark after my right TKR on March 5th. This past month has seen many changes. Stiff and sore but pain has greatly diminished. I have officially retired my cane and am walking unassisted!! I have been back to work for about six weeks now and am able to get around...
  8. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    My goal is to get back to walking every evening with a good friend...it has been a few years! Also forgot to mention-I was really afraid of not being able to go in my above ground pool-had a real hard time getting out on ladder last year-my youngest son surprised me on Mother’s Day with a set...
  9. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    @SusieShoes-thank you so much for your continued encouragement! I will try the continuous Tylenol and see how it goes-it does seem to provide relief...I try to rest when home after work but know I overdid this weekend-family did my usual task of opening my pool for me although I still clocked...
  10. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Thanks for asking Yvonne! You seem to be doing wonderfully! I reach my 3 month anniversary tomorrow and only wish I were doing so well. I saw my OS last week and he was pleased with my recovery so far. My flexion is 120 and extension 0. Problem is I am still always stiff and sore-I am looking...
  11. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    ThAnk you both for meds suggestions-I May try melatonin. I did not know about Tylenol dosing to keep in the bloodstream and was only taking on not so strict regimen. Will also give it a try. I am very grateful for all of the advice and knowledge gained here and hope to guide others through their...
  12. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Yesterday went for my six week checkup with my OS. Can’t believe it is already six weeks! He was very happy with the X-rays and the knee itself-my last PT reached 110 flexion and extension is great. However, I feel like he feels his work is done! He said I can go back to work in 2 weeks even...
  13. J

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    You are a great role model!!!
  14. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    I ice throughout the day 20 minutes at a time and before what I hope is bedtime. I use the cyrocooler-when I put it on in middle of the night the weight in the water ‘bag’ becomes too heavy and annoying to make it through 30 minutes. I am also taking Tylenol before bedtime sometimes with one of...
  15. J

    TKR Five Months Later

    Two steps forward one step back-seems to be the story of recovery! I am now 4 1/2 week’s post op and felt like I was making progress and now have had real issues this week sleeping. No matter what time I go to sleep I am up, in pain and restless from 1-4 am. From there I get maybe an hour more...
Back
Top Bottom