Recent content by JennJon

  1. J

    TKR Knee replacement 2.0 March 6, 2025

    I have had both knees done. 1st-right knee partial replacement by robotic 12/23, 2nd- left knee full replacement by robotic 10/24….VERY GOOD results with both. My PT guy says that in his observation, recovery from robotic surgery is better, faster, way less issues. Good luck!!!
  2. J

    THR JulieH's Second THR

    I used Tramadol…hope your recovery straightens itself out and you feel better!…
  3. J

    PKR TIGHT BAND..

    Yes 3 months, some days it feels longer but yes I am doing GOOD… I still have swelling more behind my knee which slightly hinders my total bending ..I have had a slightly bent knee for 9 years so getting those muscles/tendons to want to stretch is my minor issue..BUT NO PAIN!! . PT ended at the...
  4. J

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    You are normal… experienced the same..it GETS BETTER… agree with that our knees were compensating for years and now we want it to change in a quick time…..b4 surgery the actual knee hurt, muscle/tendons compensated, now the actual knee feels good & the muscle/tendons don’t need to...
  5. J

    TKR Right TKR 28th November

    Oh no!!! But surprised they did not know about this missing piece until right up to the surgery…I am not a medical person but I would think supplies are checked when unpacking the sent stuff…GOOD thing they did notice before your knee was cut open..EEEKKKK GOOD LUCK on the 12th!!!!!
  6. J

    TKR Right TKR 28th November

    Do it!!!! I had my 1st knee done 12/12/23, partial right knee. Just had my other one done 10/1/24, full left knee….this one is a slower recovery but also more of a surgery.. DO NOT regret any of it!! Good Luck!!!
  7. J

    PKR TIGHT BAND..

    Thank you!!! It’s going good! I went back to work(12 hours a week, hairstylist) on November 4, knee did better then I expected!… Still doing PT 2 days a week. Leg is flat but my bending is slower going. ROM 100 at 5 weeks. Bottom of knee cap is not wanting to listen and slide smoothly…we are...
  8. J

    PKR TIGHT BAND..

    …it’s an ease to my mind & body knowing it from a previous surgery BUT that one was soooo easy that I continually have to tell myself “this is a FULL replacement, it’s definitely more of a surgery & recovery! ❤️
  9. J

    PKR TIGHT BAND..

    Well ..my Total Knee replacement(my left knee) went well(Oct 1st)…Doctor said 8 years did a lot of damage in there. But I was lucky that cortisone shots were STILL working after 4 yrs of them. 18 days in and I have NO knee pain, you know “that pain” . Been off pain meds for about a week &...
  10. J

    PKR Need to decide between PKR and TKR

    Oh to add I am a busy hair stylist who went back part time after 3 weeks(on the partial replacement) taking 5 weeks with the full…
  11. J

    PKR Need to decide between PKR and TKR

    I had a PKR on my right knee (inside) 12/12/23…no problems with my walking at all. I have absolutely no arthritis or reason to have a full..my doctor suggested the partial. Hope your doc does too…so many want to just get it all done, when in reality you might not need a full! BUT, I am getting...
  12. J

    TKR How soon before surgery did you all stop working?

    I am a Hairstylist, for 37 yrs…I had a Partial Right knee replacement in Dec 12, 2023. Went back to work part time, 3 weeks after surgery. I worked 6 days in a row BEFORE the surgery..now having a Total Left knee replacement October 1, 2024, will work RIGHT up to the date of surgery. And yes...
  13. J

    TKR Twelve Weeks Post OP

    I had a strange sensation too, but I soon realized it was my incision/scar…the softest & lightest clothing gave it a STRANGE sensation when anything touched it…it’s gone now (I am almost 5 months out from Partial knee replacement)…. About your leg not being straight…do you do the exercise...
  14. J

    PKR TIGHT BAND..

    Hello!! Almost 15 weeks out from my partial knee replacement and doing GREAT!!! I am 100% satisfied with my new knee!!! Mild numbness in a spot but very doable, zingers are a daily thing, love those nerves coming alive! I can actually go down on my knee(s) but slowly, feels fine! PT ended at...
  15. J

    THR AVN: Surgeon refuses THR unless all alcohol and tobacco use is ended

    Just how does the surgeon go about “knowing” if you are drinking or not once the surgery is a success?….sorry, tell him what he needs to hear‍
Back
Top Bottom