Recent content by jellycats

  1. jellycats

    Knee Infection* Revision

    I'm glad you're sharing your journey, even if right now it seems to you as if you are making no progress. It really helps to post the highs and the lows--just a few words of encouragement from others can make all the difference. The frustration, the worry--all normal reactions to this surgery...
  2. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    Thank you Helizabug for the podcast suggestions! I agree: 1619 was exceptional. My heart bleeds as yours does ("liberally") so I'm eager to explore your suggestions. Knee update: I saw my surgeon's physician's assistant on the 21st for my first post-op check up and I "passed"! He was happy with...
  3. jellycats

    TKR February 6 2020 RTKR

    Hello Bird Lady! I’m a Feb. 6 RTKR so I’m right there with you. At the moment life is good because I’ve done a few little morning chores, fixed coffee, and am now sitting with knee elevated and iced with Bob, our most senior kitty at almost 17, curled up in my lap. Everything you...
  4. jellycats

    PKR Boredom, self-pity, pain and frustration

    I’m into true crime stuff—My Favorite Murder, The Murder Squad, Someone Knows Something, and Small Town Dicks are four favorites. I’ll check out Get Sleepy!
  5. jellycats

    PKR Boredom, self-pity, pain and frustration

    Before my first knee in April 2019, my daughter suggested I invest in a good pair of earphones and she gave me a list of podcasts to try. Excellent advice that got me through knee #1 and is once more keeping me from going stir crazy with knee #2. I love to read but I can’t concentrate and...
  6. jellycats

    TKR Lovablenut's Newbie Adventure

    Greetings to you and your husband from me and my four fur babies! I tell people the prescription read “Apply one cat to knee every four hours.” They think I’m kidding..... Though you guys had a tough start, you’re now in the right place! My surgery (right knee) was also Feb. 6 so your husband...
  7. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    The RTKR on Feb. 6 went very well. All of Bonesmart's good advice and support last year has helped make these early days go smoothly. So true that no two knees are the same! My LTKR was at 0 degrees extension rght away, but flexion was very slow in returning. My RTKR started at 6 degrees...
  8. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    So not too long before the RTKR. Since this is knee #2 (and thanks to all the good advice from Bonesmart last year before and after knee #1) I have much less anxiety about the surgery and feel better prepared for the recovery. I have marshalled my resources for post-op -- ice, ice, and more ice...
  9. jellycats

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    I haven’t visited BoneSmart for a few weeks but now catching up and reading this thread it really resonated with me that reading about others faster/better/sooner recoveries can bring on the blues. In the early months When flexion wasn’t coming and I hurt and I was reliant on others for help...
  10. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    I saw my OS this morning and scheduled my right knee for Feb. 6. He’s very pleased with the left, particularly the 0 extension that has not wavered since the surgery. Flexion is 115, so I gained 7 degrees from late August to now. OS felt I would see additional gain of 5 to 10 degrees by the one...
  11. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    On the 7th I flew for the first time since surgery (April 16) and I struggled with asking for wheelchair assistance. I can walk, I don’t need a cane, but the idea of walking through airports and changing planes was daunting. I’m glad I did ask for assistance but somehow it still felt “wrong.”...
  12. jellycats

    TKR Will I get better ROM?

    @Kerrgirl — My surgery was April 16 so I’m farther along the healing curve. My measured ROM in late August at a little more than 4 months post-op was “only” 107. I know many have had much more ROM, much sooner, but many have had a much slower journey to increased “bend.” I only had 105 ROM...
  13. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    @Benay —Thank you for complimenting my kitties! Lily is the white and black. Do you have cats, too? @Jockette — The massage therapist spends 15 minutes on each leg, from hip to toes, top and bottom. Her emphasis is on quads, hamstrings, and glutes. The types of massage she talks about are...
  14. jellycats

    TKR Jellycats' Recovery

    I saw my OS on August 23 at 18 weeks post-op for a check in. My pilates instructor measured my flexion a few days prior only because I asked her too (she/we wants to focus on what I can do, not the number) and it was about 108. Extension still great. I told my OS my focus was on “doing” and he...
  15. jellycats

    TKR 8 months post TKR...looking back

    Thank you for sharing life at 8 months! While my PT experience was not as difficult as others’, I’m glad I’m now on my own and doing my own “thing.” Much more fun to do different things and on my own schedule. When I have my other knee done, I suspect I will do less PT and stop even sooner.
Back
Top Bottom