Recent content by jefro

  1. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    The OS has no clue. Only the physiatrists seem to have some ideas to help me like botox.
  2. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi All, My progress has stalled the past several months. Right after my last post I had a flair up and have been back on the walker ever since. My only progress has been getting some loosening of my quad by doing dry needling with my PT but it hasn't helped my hip pain yet. I'm really...
  3. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi All, I started red light therapy a few days ago. The pain doctor said buy one that uses 850nm wavelength. I'm not sure if its helping yet. From what I read it usually takes a few weeks for it to help for most people. It does feel nice with the heat it produces. This week has been rough...
  4. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi, I saw a pain doctor and he recommended red light therapy to help with my hip healing? Can anyone recommend a particular model?
  5. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    I continue to improve. I'm transitioning more to the cane around the house and on short errands. I saw a pain doctor to day looking for suggestions. He recommended stretch lab to get in some long stretching sessions and also red light therapy that has 850nm. He says this will help with the...
  6. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi All, I have my 5th and final shockwave treatment today. I'm not sure how much its helped but it does get a little less painful each time. I walked 10K steps the past 2 days, mostly on the walker. I'm getting stronger so trying to transition more to the cane. I'm lying on the ball a lot...
  7. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    A lot of people find shockwave therapy painful, but it varies from person to person. My 2nd session was painful but not as bad since I was used it a bit. I've done acupuncture for a while. It helps with relaxation and sleep but hasn't seemed to help with pain at all. The PT people said...
  8. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    The shockwave therapy is supposed to be painful, you keep it on the painful spots until they calm down. I didn't feel any soreness the next day. Usually people start to feel some pain relief after 2 or 3 sessions. Hopefully it helps!
  9. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    I had my 6th session today, it was the first using shockwave therapy so we'll see how that goes. It is supposed to reduce inflammation and pain. If all goes well, I'll do 5 sessions. It was pretty painful, but hopefully it will be worth it. Anyone had experience with shockwave therapy?
  10. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi Everyone, My first 3 sessions went great and I was able to walk up to 2 miles on the Walker and the pain was doing well. Then in my 4th session we tried to do a little of the exercise bike but that has caused a flair up (i think because my tight quads didn't like it) so I've been in a lot of...
  11. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    I'm making some progress with my PT. The first session increased my range of motion right away. The PT person did some manual movements to loosen things up and some scrapping on the scar tissue. The 2nd session we did more scrapping, manipulation, and cupping. I've been able to walk farther...
  12. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Thanks Layla! I think the idea is to use the cupping to help loosen up the muscles and get the blood flowing then we can do more manipulation and eventually some gradual strengthening exercises. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Monday is my first session, we are going to measure my range...
  13. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    I had my PT assessment today and my first session starts Monday. The focus will be on increasing my range of motion using manual manipulation and cupping. Once we get the range of motion improved, then we'll slowly add strengthening exercises. It seems like a good place with a lot of...
  14. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    I'm meeting with a PT person today to get an assessment. Hopefully they can help me start to activate my weak glute muscles. I'm worried it will make my pain worse but I'm going to try and push on through, seems like my only real chance of recovery.
  15. J

    THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

    Hi Jamie, I'm meeting with my pain management doctor next week, who is a neurologist, so we'll see what he says. I read on-line that some doctors do cortisone shots on the abductors to get the pain down if it's real bad like mine but both the surgeons I saw said that they don't do that. Maybe...
Back
Top Bottom