restassured, OK, I emailed Dr Maale to see what I could pre send to allow him to have an idea of what's going on before a telephone consult. If I get as far as Ft. Worth I'd like to see if it's true about the beautiful ladies in Texas. Thanks for being insistent. I'm close to giving up.
I'm not sure which way to turn. I had a 2nd opinion from a well regarded OS in Roanoke last April and he said there was nothing he would do short of amputating the leg. He also took 3 x-rays that I'm waiting to receive to see if the poly was gone or even visible in his images. I've postponed all...
I had no pain or a good explanation of its disappearance.
Disappearance of what? I think I must have missed something ..
I was referring to the pain disappearing.
In the x-ray, most have commented on the absence of a gap on the lateral side. I suspect the polyethylene disk is broken. Six months...
I had a visit with my OS regarding some new pain that I've experienced since I was given the "OK" to wearing my prosthetic leg again. I had drainage from an incision on the stump for nearly a year until the Wound Specialist caught a glimpse of a suture in the tiny hole and pulled it out. It was...
Such wonderful comments from this group do indeed inspire to continue on for a suitable completion. Some one mentioned my pug. Sadly I had to put her down while in the hospital. She had something seriously wrong with her and the vet didn't paint a good future for her. She was 12 yo. I will have...
You are all so wonderful in your encouragement! I'm home now working on achieving a 0 degree extension. Then the surgeon will write a release order for the prosthesis to be made/fitted. Gotta keep movin' forward!
My right leg must have something personal against artificial knees. The first one was in place Nov of 2011, the 2nd around August 2012 and the 3rd one late 2012 which became infected 2 weeks later during November. The operation was done by a prominent orthopedic surgeon in a respected hospital...
Thanks for all the "well wishes". So many questions to answer so I will just shout out what I learned. The fungus is call "Canadian Albacan" and is almost none existent in Virginia. The infectious disease Dr has seen 2 cases in 20 years. The surgeon has never seen a case in 20 years. The...
Hi friends. As many of you know I had a revision on my right knee due to infection. That surgery was done on Nov 1. About 2 weeks later I discover some weeping near the incision and go to show the Dr..
I was rushed to the OR and the Dr. opened the knee and did a thorough flushing and debridment...
I'm glad to report the operation went very well (partially due to prayers here and at home) The surgeon said everything "fell into place". I was released for home after 4 days and as of day 7, I can shower by myself and replace my bandages everyday.. Both knees are sore as I was using the "good...
You guys are the best! I got my date of Nov 1st for surgery so I suppose all previous labs say the abx did their jobs.
I too, have belief and trust in the "Greatest Physician" and respectfully call on him to be present. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. May God bless you all...
I had a bi-lateral TKR about a year ago and after eight months of healing and improvement I recognized the right knee seemed to be regressing in progress. It took 3 visits to the Dr to discover a septic knee. Blood work didn't reveal it. They've opened it up and removed the implant and left a...
I had both knees done in last December and I swear that I tilt left some days then right on others and there are many days I feel perfectly plumb. I'm not sure what creates the false impressions.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.