Recent content by Jeffntate

  1. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    Asking the forum staff members to point me to anyone else that might have had trouble with post op pain similar to lovestocookandsew for other ideas for pain management. I'm especially interested in someone's experience with the ON-Q or Pain Ball or similar long acting blocks like a 3-4 day...
  2. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    I'm as most of you know by now most terrified at pain management post due to the anti-opioid backlash in the USA with many hospitals limiting patients to 7 days of pain meds if you even get that. I've read many recovery threads where people had strong meds out to 8 weeks and some to 9 months...
  3. J

    Ready for January RTKR

    You might know this already based on all your surgeries, but back when I had hip replacement in 1998 I was told that the OR is cleanest the first case of the day. If you think about it, if you are case 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 for that OR room, there is blood and pathogens that they can't eliminate...
  4. J

    Has anyone tried the TENS machine for recovery pain?

    I've had a TENS for 20 years, and a neuromuscular STIM that is so strong it was taken off the market. TENS does nothing for bone on bone pain, and nothing for nerve pain (actually made mine worse) but for muscle spasms it does a good job. Also, a friend of mine who had a knee replacement 6...
  5. J

    Ready for January RTKR

    Check into how they will manage your post op pain.
  6. J

    First Surgical Consult - PKR Recommendation

    Check into pain management plans post op. A lot of new rules in the US go into effect 1/1/2019 that limit you to 7 days depending on your insurance and state.
  7. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    I had the injection from the same guy who said he could operate in January. I got both cortisone and SynVisc.
  8. J

    First Surgical Consult - PKR Recommendation

    I'd like to see your presentation as I'm in the same boat. Medial PKR vs total knee.
  9. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    My family is wanting Christmas gift ideas so anyone with ideas to for things like ice machines and knee wedges and anything that I should buy for knee replacement whether PKR or TKR? I'm thinking February for surgery based on not seeing the last doctor until 3rd week of January so now is a good...
  10. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    First surgeon appointment done yesterday with a surgeon from TOC Huntsville. Nice guy. I liked him. He said my right knee is bone on bone and gave Bone Aspiration Concentrate AKA stem cell replacement a 50% chance of helping but said if I asked him point blank if it were the right approach...
  11. J

    PKR Metal Knee

    Was your partial a medial compartment replacement?
  12. J

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I've just been told I'm a 95% likely candidate for a partial knee replacement of the medial side so I'm very interested in what compartment you had replaced. Was yours an Oxford partial knee replacement of the medial area?
  13. J

    Building decision for knee surgery

    I read every review on vitals dot com of all the doctors in Huntsville and with a rating of 4.9/5.0 and the only negative reviews of 1 star being erroneous entries, my wife switched my appointment. This surgeon did a friend of mine who said he felt sorry for all the patients in PT that wasn't...
  14. J

    Preparing for knee replacement surgery

    Yes get a plan in place is what I've been told. I'm in the same boat but not with your pain meds, but another pain med that is fairly high dose, so I am concerned too.
  15. J

    Too young for knee replacement?

    As for the too young, my brother in law is 63 and he was told he was too young, but he doesn't have a lot of knee pain and still gets around fine. His has mostly locking of the knee at times. I think this "too young" really depends on how it is affecting your life. If you dont have a terrible...
Back
Top Bottom