Recent content by jeffm1955

  1. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    Thank you,Susie. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  2. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    The hasn't been any additional swell g from using the elliptical. And in the last month or so their has been no swelling after nightly icing. Up to that point I still had some swelling in the morning even after icing all night. So their is ijmprovement. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  3. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    I still have swelling everyday just from work and I have worked 50 hours or more a week since I went back to work after 10 weeks. But it all goes down after iceing at night. I'm just afraid I'll wear it out. But I'm 63,so it will probably out live me. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  4. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    I was just wondering at how you may look at me doing the elliptical 30 minutes a day and 5 days a week at about 18 weeks post op. Take August 31,2017. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  5. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    I don't mean run in a marathon or anything like that. But maybe run across the cross walk when it's changing,or run away from the girls when they chase me. Just short little things like that. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  6. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    What are the long term possibilitiesdown the road ( say a year) as far as activities like running,hiking,scuba,etc. Not contact sports but more physical activities. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  7. jeffm1955

    Two pain meds?

    It's funny how my insurance (Anthem) would pay for the Hydrocodone but wouldn't pay for the Tramadol. You think they'd want me off the Hydrocodone. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  8. jeffm1955

    Two pain meds?

    I was given the same combination. I took the hydrocodone for two weeks or so then went to hydrocodone only at nights then Tramadol at nights and Tylenol during the day. Then to Tylenol only. I wanted off the narcotics as soon as I could bare it so I could drive because I live alone. Sent from...
  9. jeffm1955

    Moving Forward On Two New (Conformis) Knees

    I had a LTKR with a Conformis knee on Aug.31 and I have been very happy with my recovery. The whole process was a lot better than I was expected. I'm getting ready to go back to work Nov.13 where I'll be on my feet most of the 8 hours,and I think I'll be ready. I think you made a good choice...
  10. jeffm1955

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    I live alone too,and I agree it is kind of lonely. You feel kind of left out of life. I go to the gym almost every day,but then it's back home to an empty house. Four more weeks I go back to work,and I'll wish I ha d more time to myself. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  11. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    When is a good time to start doing some light weight leg extension at the gym? i want to prepare my knee for going back to work in four weeks.Or maybe the eliptical.I already do the recumbant bike 10 minutes 3 or 4 days a week, and I'm planning longer walks everyday.
  12. jeffm1955

    TKR jeffm1955's recovery

    Well,I went to see my surgeon today for my six week check up. He liked my ROM and everything. I walk pretty close to normal,and go up stairs foot over foot.He explained the clicking and clunking and said that would all improve with time,and gave me a release date for Nov.13 (4 more weeks). The...
  13. jeffm1955

    TKR The adventure begins

    Great to hear. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  14. jeffm1955

    Tomorrow is the day

    Good Luck Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  15. jeffm1955

    TKR The adventure begins

    I have that same spot near the knee cap that feel spongy, like its fluid. I also have general swelling, but none that feels spongy. But its still early in my recovery, 5 weeks out. Glad you're doing well Jajakio. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom