Recent content by Jeaniesknees

  1. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    Hi Ghostpipe, our surgery dates were about the same and I hear you with the frustration! I am back in PT because my ROM isn't where I want it to be, and I swell up too) Today my bad knee only wanted to go to 118 with some pushing. My best has been 122. (before surgery I could sit on my...
  2. Jeaniesknees

    Revision TKR 1-l/2 Years Post Op Revised TKR Left Knee

    Wow you sound like you are feeling the same tightness and pains that I am. I am 13 months out from bilateral TKR's. I am trying a new PT who is working on my posture (pelvis and low back) and muscle imbalance in my quads, hamstrings and gluts. It has only been 2 weeks but I see what he is...
  3. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    @Ghostpipe, I had CoV a month ago and laying around was great for the knees, they looked so good, (plus lost 5 pounds) Over that now and the knees are back to swelling and gained 3 pounds back. ☹️
  4. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    @Ghostpipe I am still dealing with the puffy, stiff knees after being on my feet. I wear compression hose that help some. I sleep with them elevated too. I am so over it!
  5. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Thanks Rubyroo! Feeling better the last few days. My daughter suggested taking some iron supplements to help my red blood cells carry O2. It seems to work as I quit needing a nap and can go up and down stairs with a lot more energy. The ear is opening up so I feel much more normal. Thank...
  6. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Carol Anne, I know how you are doing that. I used that technique after my orthoscopic surgeries. It was great and you can get up pretty quickly. Now I have bilateral TKR and it doesn't work as well, I am crossing over and pushing up on the outside of the one knee/calf. Not graceful...
  7. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Getting up off the floor requires some yoga skills. At first it involved rolling to my stomach, pressing into "Sphinx" then "UpDog" and walking my feet to my hands. Now I do a modified version, kind of rolling onto the side of my calf and pushing up with my arms to get one foot under me. Not...
  8. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Thank you! All your advice and encouragement really helps. I have been feeling so discouraged. My knees do swell up throughout the day and look very different by bedtime. Trying to play with the little grandsons, getting up and down off the floor, is awkward and difficult. I really thought I...
  9. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Thank you everyone. This helps to know. I do wear compression thigh highs and react badly to salt intake. I will try icing again and keep chugging along. I see my OS in a couple months.
  10. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Help! am right at 10 months from surgery and really fighting for ROM. I work and work for small increases but then we travel or I do too much standing and I am knocked back to ~100 degrees or so. I used to sit on my heels so this is miserable to me. Any advice ???
  11. Jeaniesknees

    TKR Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange

    I quit PT at 5 weeks as it seemed to set me back each time with swelling and pain. (My eyes about bugged out reading about all the exercises they make you do so early in recovery!) I am just getting on with my life, gardening, bee keeping and normal daily things. My ROM is not great but is...
  12. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    @Ghostpipe In the middle of the night I still shuffle to the bathroom. I stretch before getting up in the morning and then walking is much more normal. This week suddenly getting some more bend, but my bum is still far far away!
  13. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Sisterpat, I see it but I don't like it! I want to go sit in my chair and pout like my 4 year old grandson. Round two of elevating my legs today, when The Knees act up my energy tanks.
  14. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Those are both good descriptions!!
  15. Jeaniesknees

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    I spent last week helping our daughter move. I mostly boxed up and unpacked at the new place. It was a lot of time on my feet. After 5 days of this I felt like I did at 2 months post surgery instead of 4 1/2. This week is about recovery, I am feeling better but not quite where I was. I am...
Back
Top Bottom