Recent content by jean6183

  1. jean6183

    TKR jean6183's TKR Recovery

    Hello Everyone... My second has been pretty easy .. I do have some throbbing near ankle area but my knee was really bad, leg bowed and they had to move ligaments etc. back in place.. My bend was at 96 right after surgery and was 116 week 2. Thank You again..
  2. jean6183

    TKR LTKR Tomorrow

    Hello Everyone... My second has been pretty easy .. I do have some throbbing near ankle area but my knee was really bad, leg bowed and they had to move ligaments etc. back in place.. My bend was at 96 right after surgery and was 116 week 2. Thank You again..
  3. jean6183

    TKR LTKR Tomorrow

    Tomorrow I will be having my second knee replacement. Lets hope it goes as well as my first.
  4. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Thank you very much :)
  5. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    I went to the Doc last week. I'm 4 1/2 months post op. He released me since I'm doing so well. I still have swelling which is my knee still healing. ( the type knee replacement I had will have swelling a little longer) He have me some guidelines to follow with my exercising and that was...
  6. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    I went for my two month follow up OT appointment. My doc said, I"m a true success story & very strong lady. I'm allowed to resume my cardio ( Low impact) and my outdoor bike riding when our OHIO weather gets nice. He did tell me the knee I had is still healing as my wasn't glued in, my...
  7. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Keep us updated and wishing you the best .. I pray you will be pain free.
  8. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    @Jolease I'm doing very well. They are very happy with my results. I'm not sure if it's my age and the fact that I worked out 4-5 days a week prior to surgery (for the last 6 years) and including the day before that has helped me.. Are you getting full replacements ? I wish you the...
  9. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Josephine. My grocery shopping is limited. I'm a widow and I have to do something maybe others wouldn't have to do. I was using the motorized cart but now I don't need it. I don't use a crutch or cane either.
  10. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Thank you ..
  11. jean6183

    TKR Coach’s Recovery, 43 yrs old

    You are doing great.. I too, love PT and I run to one of the gyms i belong to and use the spin bike of course it's not like the typical spin class, I just pedal. Last week, I was at 115 on my bend and plus 5 on straight. Keep up the great work and recovery....
  12. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    2. motrin 800 mg 3x day, Tylenol 2 - 325 mg 2x day as needed 3. +5 on extension 115 flexion 8. At Home PT heel Slide 2 sets 10 quad sets 2 sets 10 straight leg raises 3 sets 10 hip abduction side lying 3 sets 10 bridging 2 sets 10 squats supported 2 sets 10...
  13. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    1. pain besides day two surgery 1-2.. slight stiffness when i bend it. 2. pain meds. percocet , but stopped after one week. Motrin 800 mg 3 x's day and sometimes tyelonol 2-325mg between motrins. 3. slight swelling 4. ROM 115 Extension 5 5. icing about 2-3 times a day for...
  14. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Sorry about the "QUOTES". I was on my phone and having issues replying . I have no pain during therapy or after.. but will talk to them tomorrow about what i'm reading on this site. I appreciate the guidance. ** I've really had no pain, but maybe a level 1-3 the first week. but I...
  15. jean6183

    TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

    Josephine Yes, you can ask me questions I looked at your guide & they have me doing about every exercise you have as a not to do.
Back
Top Bottom