TKR Jean6183 Recovery thread<

I'm not sure if it's my age and the fact that I worked out 4-5 days a week prior to surgery (for the last 6 years) and including the day before that has helped me.
I think being in good shape before this surgery is a help, but unfortunately, many of us were in too much pain to exercise our surgical knee ahead of time. I know I was one of those. You are very blessed to have been able to.
 
@jean6183 I’m glad to hear it! Thank-you. I also worked out and walked at least 5 k a day. My original partial was never right, after convincing the surgeon that this isn’t typical healing pain he said I had a impingment. (After of course telling me x-rays look great)He then felt he could adjust the plate and I’d be good to go. So had another surgery. Not the case infortunatley, I can walk enough to do daily stuff ,but I can’t go for a leisure walk with out major pain and my thigh is suffering because I can’t relax into the stride. It’s been 15 months of sever frustration and bouts of depression . Yes I am now getting a full done, I have a date with original surgeon but am praying the second opinion takes me on. I see him Friday. I just want to be able to be out of pain and go for my walks! Cannot believe I’ll be back to square one a third time within 17 months same knee! I do love reading all the positive recovery’s it gives me hope going forward. Also be nice if they actually tried to figure out the problem before opening me up again! :sigh:
 
I see him Friday. I just want to be able to be out of pain and go for my walks! Cannot believe I’ll be back to square one a third time within 17 months same knee! I do love reading all the positive recovery’s it gives me hope going forward. Also be nice if they actually tried to figure out the problem before opening me up again! :sigh:
Your poor knee has been through so much. I hope you have good news Friday.
 
Keep us updated and wishing you the best .. I pray you will be pain free.
 
I went for my two month follow up OT appointment. My doc said, I"m a true success story & very strong lady. I'm allowed to resume my cardio ( Low impact) and my outdoor bike riding when our OHIO weather gets nice. He did tell me the knee I had is still healing as my wasn't glued in, my bone is forming to the knee replacement to hold it in. IT will be swollen for months with this knee ( then he looked at mine and it's not swollen, hasn't been) He talked to me about a lot of things to take it easy on. I'm so happy with my replacement. He did warn me that just because this one was so easy, doesn't mean the left one will be..he told me each knee is different. He's been very honest and upfront . I just wanted to share it with all of you...
 
@jean6183, great update! Glad your follow up went so well. Being at 8 weeks, you will really start noticing significant improvements over the next several weeks. Don’t be surprised if you still get the occasional “zingers”. For me, the period between 10 weeks and 16 weeks is when I really started noticing the soft tissue healing issues, especially with my IT band and inner groin tendons and ligaments. They were very tight and it didn’t take much activity to set them off on a whining fit. Had to spend a lot of time doing gentle, but many times painful, stretching to loosen them up. The knee itself never bothered me.

I know what you mean about looking forward to getting outside. Our weather here in SE Michigan has been crazy this year.

Keep it up. Looking forward to see continued progress.
 
Really good to hear such a positive story. Glad to hear it's all gone well for you, long may it continue!
 
I went to the Doc last week. I'm 4 1/2 months post op. He released me since I'm doing so well. I still have swelling which is my knee still healing. ( the type knee replacement I had will have swelling a little longer) He have me some guidelines to follow with my exercising and that was about it. My left knee needs replaced, so I'm hoping to have that done in about a year if I can wait that long.
 
@jean6183, great to hear from you again! Great update. You will be amazed at how quickly things will progress from this point. Don’t be surprised to have little aches and pains now and then, especially after you try something new or push the envelope a bit on an activity. That’s all normal. What you will notice are the times that you “don’t notice anything “. Your day will be going along and suddenly you will realize you haven’t given your knee a single thought all day. Enjoy those moments!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom