Recent content by Jean53

  1. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    @Josephine No exercises except walking. No PT, it has been 16 months since surgery. I should add that when I first began walking about 3 weeks ago I could only go a short distance because my muscles in my butt contracted so much and hurt. I'm up to 15 to 20 minutes most days. Which I know...
  2. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    @Josephine The closest I can place it is in the upper left quadrant of CR2F
  3. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    I've been doing a little more walking than usual (dieting and trying to lose weight), but really nothing much different. In fact, I think the pain began before I began walking more. The only thing I can say about rest easing the pain is that if I'm not moving around it doesn't hurt. It...
  4. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    I'm 16 months out from my total hip replacement and have begun having pain in the new hip. It is similar to the pain I had BEFORE surgery! Is this something I should be concerned about? It hurts most when I get up from a seated position, when I lean over to get something off the floor, or...
  5. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    @Josephine Thanks for your message above. I'm just now getting to read it. I especially appreciate you telling me that tylenol is a much better pain reducer --- I will make that switch and see how it works. On Sunday I had a day of moderate activity that was pain free and I thought I was...
  6. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    I sympathize @scottfamilyman Wish I had some answers for you! I'm sure one or some of the moderators here will answer your questions. Hang in there!
  7. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    Thanks Caroline. I know that we all heal and recuperate at different rates; its just hard to keep in mind. I had become very sedentary prior to surgery because of the pain issues. I think my body just isn't very strong any more. I hope you get some of your issues resolved Caroline. It can...
  8. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    @Jaycey Thanks for the response. The pain is the worst when I get up from a sitting position and walk. It is also bad when I have to get anything off the floor and straighten up. The tingly nerve pains I notice the most when I'm in a seated relaxed position. I had a visit with the OS...
  9. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    I am now six months out from THR anterior approach. I still have a good deal of pain as well as tingling nerve pain in the operative thigh. Is this normal? Can one of the mods (@Josephine or @Jaycey or anyone) answer? Thanks.
  10. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    It often happens when I'm sitting watching tv, so I don't think it is activity bringing it on. Honestly, I think it is the nerves waking up. I've read conflicting things on the internet about whether this numb patch (about the size of a wallet) at my incision site will ever "wake up". Some...
  11. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    Thanks @Jaycey. I'm taking two ibuprofen in the morning and haven't really felt the need for anything else. Would upping the number of doses help with this?
  12. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    I'm 5 months out now from THR (anterior) and have just begun to have some stabbing nerve pain in the numb place which surrounds my incision. The area is still numb but on occasion I've had what I'm guessing is nerve re-awakening which is presenting itself with some doozy stabbing sensations...
  13. J

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    Today marks 10 weeks out from surgery. Yesterday I managed to walk the three short flights (8 or 10 steps each) of stairs in my office, foot over foot, without a problem! Previously I've had pain the next day after doing stairs, but no pain today. So I'm going to move forward with using the...
Back
Top Bottom