Thanks Layla!
Exactly eight weeks today post-op.
Nothing much new to report. Still struggling with good sleep nights. About 50% of the time I'm up more than twice during the night. Knee still tight.
Think I need to do more stretching on non-outpatient PT days.
Best of luck to all on their...
Hello everyone!
Tomorrow I'll be 7 weeks post-op. Continuing outpatient PT twice a week and starting to include quad and other leg muscle strengthening exercises back at my community gym. Starting out with light weight and doing leg extensions and curls. I'm also doing warm-ups on the recumbent...
EXCELLENT that you got out for some normal life. It's always such a mental boost! Congrats!
I'm not a health care professional, but it makes sense that a diuretic would help with swelling and inflammation. I take a BP med daily and actually had to stop mine since the interaction with pain meds...
Happy Sunday everyone!
Celebrated my six-week knee-aversary this past Wednesday 10/16/24. Had my OS follow-up and he is very satisfied with the recovery progress. I asked him about the soreness in my ankle and down my shin (almost like shin splints). For the ankle, he stated that the Mako...
My swelling is well controlled.... with exception of behind the knee. Today I'm six weeks post-op and still struggle with this. Icing and elevating seems to help a little, but generally it's with me 24/7.
Hey RGirl -
Just catching up on your progress.
I too have the CRAZY pain in my shin this time... for me it also includes my ankle. Not sure what's causing it, but mine is the main culprit for me not getting great sleep these days. I have a follow up with my OS tomorrow and this will be my...
Thanks for the reminder! I'm a bit sore this morning... but it's that "good" type of muscle sore... like it worked hard and needs some recovery but will result in more strength.
Had my first post-hurricane PT today. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to do very well since I've been on my feet (knee) pretty much non-stop over the last several days. It actually forced me to focus on my knee and stretching form.
Therapist introduced the leg press today. I was able to easily do...
Hello everyone!
Successfully made the trip from NOLA back to Tampa Friday. The new knee traveled relatively well, much better than the outbound trip.
The Tampa/St. Pete area is devastated. Still over 500,000 in Tampa area without power.
We were VERY fortunate at our house. No flooding, no...
Thanks for everyone's well wishes!
We have a scheduled flight out of NOLA this afternoon at 2:30 PM local time. Gotta be out of the Air BNB at 11 AM. So we'll head direct to the airport. If everything works out, will get home about 7 PM tonight.
We got power back in our neighborhood about 5...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.