Recent content by JASPER

  1. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    :happydance::happydance:Hi Eileen, SO happy to read your post, not happy you have the same problems as me, but so glad to have someone that understands so completley the frustration I often feel. Looking forward to 2014 with high hopes for OUR continued steady progress. Do lets please keep in...
  2. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    JUST SAY NO !!!!!!:no-fin::no-fin::no-fin: Hi all Just wanted to share my recent experience at my physio. My regular physio BRILLIANT!!! - who has worked with my knee before my recent surgery and understands my wierd case, she listens and helps each week with deep tissue massage which in turn...
  3. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    Hi scaredinCA , good morning from a frosty UK :) Below is a picture of my knee brace, but I must stress I have only got this on advice from my physiotherapist and surgeon and I ONLY WEAR IT AT NIGHT IN BED, JUST TO STOP ME HAVING A BENT KNEE AT NIGHT, it supports it and gives it a good gentle...
  4. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    :spin:BRACE, BRACE, BRACE - I now have one !! I am going weekly to the Hospital, with the most wonderfull physio ever - she worked with my knee before my revision TKR and understands how far I have come. But this week she noted that instead on being straight, by knee had started to bend a bit...
  5. J

    TKR right knee *my first* Date of Operation 3rd October 2013

    Hi Daj Just dropping by to say hello. Sorry you are having a 'down day'. Sounds like you have a tough time in Hosp., but your home now and I bet your cat was please to see you.:kittykiss: We have a little black and white 'rescue' cat and she was SO unsettled when I went into Hosp. - she...
  6. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    Hi scaredm YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE !!:spin: Now that your PT has finished, who cares about your 'measurements'! - it's what you can do with what you've got that counts. I have soooooo learnt this my 2nd time around, slowly and gently just as my surgeon advised this time, no rushing PT or...
  7. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    Hi Tasha Thank you :thankyou: for taking the time to ask how I am. I reckon that no one understands how we feel except those that have gone before - so to speak. I am doing really well if I do say so myself! I have full extension with my new knee, something I could only dream of before...
  8. J

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    Hi all, especially all my October Fiesties friend having surgery this month. I came home on Thursday 8 days after my left TKR revision AND I NOW HAVE A STRAIGHT LEG!! Taking it nice and slow and taking my pain meds right on tiime. Clips come out tomorrow - ouch, but needs to be done. I am...
  9. J

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Many thanks Daj I'll be thinking of you as well on the 3rd. We'll both have very happy cats having us sitting around to cuddle them afterwards won't we. :kittykiss:
  10. J

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi all My op. is tomorrow and I will SO glad to be on the other side, stepping forward boldly with my new knee - (well that's the plan):yes!::yes!::yes!: My thoughts, hugs and best wishes go out to all of our October Fiesties,, whenever in the month your op is. When I am home from...
  11. J

    Revision due to scar tissue - 2nd time lucky !

    Hi Many thanks for that idea about sorting out good places to sit BEFORE surgery. I may have a bit of a fight on with the cat though, if the best place turns out to be one of HER sunbathing spots. :kittykiss: Josephine, so glad we got my gender all sorted :happydance: . I am in the right...
  12. J

    Revision due to scar tissue - 2nd time lucky !

    Oh that's just wonderfull - it must make standing at the sink washing up ALMOST worth while with that view. :) I love how you have shaped the lawn, it's sets the whole garden up. John has made me some raised beds so I can potter without having to dig with a spade or bend down. I'll post a...
  13. J

    Revision due to scar tissue - 2nd time lucky !

    Hi Thank you bottomshollow for your you advice. Hi Josephine many thanks for welcoming me back into your fold. I am going to The Nuffield Hospital near Southampton - they have a lovely warm hydotherapy pool I get to use if I'm good!!! Oh heck, I just remembered the prune and orange juice...
  14. J

    Revision due to scar tissue - 2nd time lucky !

    Hi I'm back again 4 years after my primary total knee replacement. Over the years scar tissue has built up and up and now I feel I am back where I started with a stiff swollen unmoving knee joint. Anyway my surgeon has done all the tests and scans and is happy there is no infection so...
  15. J

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi Hope I'm doing this right !- not very technical with computers but so want to join in this group. I'm having my left knee total revision (only 4 years after the primary replacement) operation date 2nd October - hoping for great things this time round.
Back
Top Bottom