Recent content by jaspa

  1. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Just stopping in to say Happy Holidays to everyone. I appreciate everyone one on the forum who helped in my recoveries. My recovery is going well. 1st one is fine 2nd one still problem with leg swelling due to the vein problems but no corrections on veins can be done until ortho give ok after...
  2. jaspa

    TKR My Journey

    @FourCats sorry to hear you have a revision in your future.
  3. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Thanks for asking @hawk2go it is doing much better I have been taking shorter walks and watching my gait also icing when I go to bed.
  4. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Well I am nursing a sore left quad muscle today! I have been walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day through the community. We live in black bear territory and yesterday for the 1st time in 18 years while going for a walk I encountered a bear. I was walking my normal route when I saw one in a vacant...
  5. jaspa

    MUA LTKR journey and feeling discouraged

    Sometimes we need to give the knees a rest. I found that if I do not ice after going to the pool for an hour either swimming or walking in the water my knees can be stiff the next day. I try to either do an hour in the pool or take a mile walk. I do need to start back with some strengthen...
  6. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Well they are 10 months old and 6 months old and I did a 2 mile walk today. Now resting and icing with no pain just tired! Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom and encouragement on the journey. I track everything i eat and i need this weight to go!
  7. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Thanks @hawk2go for the article and he had an additional article which is great. I find i like or should say I'm obsessed with walking at least 3000 steps or at least a mile each day and of course the pool. Thanks again
  8. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Our indoor pool was cloudy so bad you couldn't see the drains so I would not get in it. I went home and wrote management and posted on our facebook pages about its condition, changed to gym clothes and went and rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes and 3 miles my knees weren't that happy but...
  9. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Thanks @sistersinhim I came home and sat and iced both knees for half hour. My quad in the left did well until the last few yards but overall I am happy with the results. I am swimming less and just felt I need to do more walking and making me feel better about myself even though I track my...
  10. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Well I finally did a walk ‍ I haven't done in years. .
  11. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Well just another update swimming is very limited as family is using car. Walking between 2500 and 3000 steps throughout day. However quad still bothers me and I dont feel I have control or right movement with left. Doctor at last appt. Said it needs time as long as it doesn't feel like it is...
  12. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Thanks for asking @benne68 I'm doing ok some swimming when my car is available and I am doing the monthly Project Linus meetings. In addition to doing the heel to toe walking I have gone back to doing some of my old exercises that I thought I didn't need - silly me!:heehee: I do leg raises...
  13. jaspa

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    @Vida I use the Jobst stockings which were recommended by the place where my doctor sent me to be measured for them they feel great on most days. The medical supply place measured my leg in 3 places and based on the strength the doctor wanted for the compression they sold me the stockings...
  14. jaspa

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    @Vida Good Morning, sounds like you have a working plan. I had extreme swelling in my LTKR but found out it was due to vascular issues which at this time can't be resolved as my knee surgeon wants no surgery on that leg. So I wear a thigh high compression stocking instead and it is reducing...
  15. jaspa

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    Thanks @Jockette and @benne68. Yes I am carrying my cane in the right hand and watching when I move my left leg forward to match it with the hand with the cane. I think my problem may be that I am not paying enough attention to the heal to toe walking. I really do not go very fast at all as I...
Back
Top Bottom